maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Soundwave - SoundHound client for Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88777)

hugon9 2013-01-24 17:05

Re: [Announce] Soundwave - SoundHound client for Harmattan

thank you! i will buy it! $40 mx it΄s nothing (more or less $4usd)

knobtviker 2013-01-24 18:21

Well, I decided to use Tier4 on Store.
It's approx. 5€. I don't know how it recalculated to 6.15€. :/

lorenzo 2013-01-24 19:00

is it possible for users update the database with not recognised tracks?

flotron 2013-01-24 19:04

Harmattan is every day more complete!

Major apps people preffer:

- Instagram -> Instago
- Angry Birds -> Angry Birds
- Shazzam -> Soundwave
- Dropbox -> Cutebox or DropN9
- Whatsapp -> Wazapp
- Spotify -> Meespot

These are so far i remember now

Nokia should be overwhelmed by the power of this community, that make great things without their help

AMD 2013-01-24 19:08

Remember Fruit Ninja --> Fruit Go?
ACL --> apkenv?

Arie 2013-01-24 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by flotron (Post 1317425)
Harmattan is every day more complete!

Major apps people preffer:

- Instagram -> Instago
- Angry Birds -> Angry Birds
- Shazzam -> Soundwave
- Dropbox -> Cutebox or DropN9
- Whatsapp -> Wazapp
- Spotify -> Meespot

These are so far i remember now

Nokia should be overwhelmed by the power of this community, that make great things without their help

For Dropbox Dropian is best...
For all those complaining about the price, I've known about this app from its early development stages when it was just an idea. For Knobtviker to ask for 5 euros for an app that he did so much work for and on is cheap... I got the app for free to review and I like it so much that I'm buying it... If you don't want to pay for the app, don't complain about the price... You are not aware how much hard work went and is still going into this app, especially for the future planned ideas ;)

Hariainm 2013-01-24 19:18

2 Attachment(s)
Great application Bojan! Very feature rich, and it's only the first public version! I like it.

But, you're a developer, and you want to hear our opinions right? Just quick thoughts about it:
  • You should include a quick button to pause a track when it's playing.
    I hit play to some tracks featured in the charts, and to stop the song currently playing if you went back, you have to redo the steps (if you don't remember the artist you clicked, you're f*cked :p). I don't know, a pull down menu like MeeSpot will be awesome.

• I don't like at all the animation when it's scanning, it goes higher and lower, it flickers and the transparent layer doesn't match with the background (i like the background, but spirals and circles dont look good together. Hope you're working on it.

• You should follow the Harmattan icon guidelines, to make your icon more consistent with the others. Compare:
    Attachment 30703Attachment 30704
    Note the shadow surrounding the logo and the top fading.

• Hey! you should include the numbering version in the about section!:D

Nothing more, i really like the app and only hope you like the suggestions.

almamo 2013-01-24 19:34

Absolutely stunning app! Mine went already through the after-work-bar-test: Yes it works really well!

But what I like even more is how well the application was made. Many big software publisher could benefit in having a look at your apps! Here's a first article written by a friend :)

The 5€ are peanuts (or about 6€ in my country). It costs the same on Google Play or AppStore if you want the full version of SoundHound (demo version only lasts for a month or something like that). And with SoundWave you won't get any half-done software. Hope people realize that...

Quote:

Well, I decided to use Tier4 on Store.
It's approx. 5€. I don't know how it recalculated to 6.15€
For some reasons even within EU countries the price can vary +/- 1€, despite choosing 5€ (visible in Nokia's price calculations).

knobtviker 2013-01-24 19:42

Thanks everybody for valuable input. I will take all suggestions into consideration and see what can be done. :)

knobtviker 2013-01-24 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzo (Post 1317423)
is it possible for users update the database with not recognised tracks?

Actually, server takes care of that.
The more you input it with unknown songs, they become more knownand eventually recognized.
At least I think it works like that.