maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Please stop auto rotate on incoming call! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58423)

Westy 2010-07-14 09:08

Please stop auto rotate on incoming call!

Can some one please write an app/patch or tell me how to stop the auto rotate happening when an incoming call is happening. I miss so many calls while playing hunt the answer button. Trouble is the slowness to show the button if the phone thinks its needs to rotate the screen. Ideally it just would not and leave the screen at what ever it was so you have a good opportunity to press the button.

Laughing Man 2010-07-14 09:10

Re: Please stop auto rotate on incoming call!

There's a setting in the phone application that lets you lock it in landscape or portrait.

logicalsid 2010-07-14 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westy (Post 751286)
Can some one please write an app/patch or tell me how to stop the auto rotate happening when an incoming call is happening. I miss so many calls while playing hunt the answer button. Trouble is the slowness to show the button if the phone thinks its needs to rotate the screen. Ideally it just would not and leave the screen at what ever it was so you have a good opportunity to press the button.

Open the 'Phone Application' and select the 'Phone --> Turning' option on the top. Change the 'Display Orientation' parameter to the option that suits you. :)

--
Sidd

6sicSIX 2010-07-14 09:16

Also, if someone helps you out you should press the thanks button X)

efekt 2010-07-14 09:18

I've already set it to portrait, but apparently it doesn't care much about that as mine still keeps rotating...

VII 2010-07-14 09:19

This is actually quite annoying it happened to me many times. I ended up setting the phone app to portrait.
You can also download transitions or another app to edit rotate speed.
I don't think there is a easy way to disable rotate temporarly during phone ring.

Westy 2010-07-14 09:21

I don't want to turn off the auto rotate generally, just when there is an incoming call.

VII 2010-07-14 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by efekt (Post 751293)
I've already set it to portrait, but apparently it doesn't care much about that as mine still keeps rotating...

Bug, restart phone and check if fixed.

efekt 2010-07-14 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VII (Post 751296)
Bug, restart phone and check if fixed.

Nope, it doesn't... I've set that long time ago (and restarted more than once after that) but it keeps ignoring it... maybe something else makes it rotate? maybe thats the Phone Speaker Switcher application doing that?

petur 2010-07-14 10:37

I can second this request, my n900 does this too. It doesn't care if set fixed or automatic, it still rotates (and annoyingly slow too) when a call comes in.

Since this seems to be a bug rather than a feature request, has anybody filed a report yet?