maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Tweetian - Twitter Client for Harmattan [v1.8.0] (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84780)

dicksonleong8 2012-06-09 05:00

Tweetian - Twitter Client for Harmattan [v1.8.2]

3 Attachment(s)
Tweetian is a feature-rich Twitter app for Harmattan, powered by Qt/QML. Tweetian use a lot of Qt Quick Components to provide a native UI on both Symbian and MeeGo Harmattan.

Some features in Tweetian:
- Simple & native UI
- Show tweet conversation
- Autofill for @mentions and hashtags when composing new tweet
- Integrated image preview and image upload from multiple services (Twitter, TwitPic, img.ly, MobyPicture)
- Tweet translation
- Tweets are stored into database so you can view it offline
- View tweets location
- View trending topics & saved search
- Follow or unfollow other Twitter users and also report and block spammer
- Pocket, Instapaper and TwitLonger integration
- Quick tweet of #NowPlaying
- Suggested users
- Advanced search
- Nearby tweets
- Mute
- Notification for mentions and DMs

Download from GitHub

Source available at GitHub (GPL 3+).

Have a test and leave your feedback here :)

Known issue:
- Sometime after clicked on the Tweetian icon but it doesn't start. If this happens, open terminal and type "killall tweetian" (without the quote) and launch again.
- Conversation will not works anymore, read here

geneven 2012-06-09 05:45

Re: Tweetian - Twitter Client for MeeGo

If I clicked a search item and then hit the plus sign, I got error 403 access forbidden.

Lists aren't supported.

ZogG 2012-06-09 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 1219753)
n.

Lists aren't supported.

Have no connection to development, but i think its because list are not supported yet.
C.O.

dicksonleong8 2012-06-09 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 1219753)
If I clicked a search item and then hit the plus sign, I got error 403 access forbidden.

Lists aren't supported.

Weird, I never have such problem in saving search. Do you already have 25 saved search? A Twitter user can only have maximum 25 of saved searches.

List support is coming soon, since not much people is using it.

mrsellout 2012-06-09 06:01

Thanks for this client. I've had a little play with it and have a couple of suggestions that I'll make later on. But first:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 (Post 1219738)
Initially Tweetian is developed for Symbian (Nokia Store link), then I port it to MeeGo. However, because I don't have a actual MeeGo device for testing, it might be buggy and unstable.

There are two device programs that you may be able to apply to in order to receive a n9/n950 device with this application. For further info:
  1. New Apps for Nokia Store
  2. Qt 5 Mobile Projects
There's links on the each page to the relevant thread here on talk.maemo.org if you have further questions.

dicksonleong8 2012-06-09 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1219760)
Thanks for this client. I've had a little play with it and have a couple of suggestions that I'll make later on. But first:

There are two device programs that you may be able to apply to in order to receive a n9/n950 device with this application. For further info:
  1. New Apps for Nokia Store
  2. Qt 5 Mobile Projects
There's links on the each page to the relevant thread here on talk.maemo.org if you have further questions.

Actually I've already applied. Thanks anyway! :)

ibrakalifa 2012-06-09 06:44

We have too much Twitter client, but only one Facebook alternative client, but thx anyway, more choice=better, :)

Morpog 2012-06-09 09:44

Sociality and fmobi are two alternatives ;)

mrsellout 2012-06-09 10:03

If you've already applied, good luck!

Is it possible to change the behaviour when you click on a link. It would be better (IMO) if a shortpress opens the link in the default browser, and a longpress gives you the menu with options to copy the link or to open it in firefox (where we have flash).

dicksonleong8 2012-06-09 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1219817)
If you've already applied, good luck!

Is it possible to change the behaviour when you click on a link. It would be better (IMO) if a shortpress opens the link in the default browser, and a longpress gives you the menu with options to copy the link or to open it in firefox (where we have flash).

I like your idea but unfortunately I can't detect long press action at the link because it is based on HTML <a> tag :(

Also, from what I know, long press gesture seem doesn't recommended in MeeGo app ...