maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [SFOS] [DEV] sfdroid: run android in a window (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95631)

hedayat 2015-06-18 21:45

Re: Idea for an Android Compatibility Layer

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar (Post 1474068)
ok i updated the original post, there are two files which you can copy over the current chroot (if you have the most recent one) init.rc will fix usb problems and gralloc.default.so will make it use the correct gralloc version.

now we have to figure out why the sdl window does not appear

The gralloc.default.so link is wrong (it is the same link as the init.rc one).

And another question: The EGL/GLES problem with N9 you mentioned is with N9 itself or with Harmattan? (will it work on SFOS port on N9?)

Regards

liar 2015-06-19 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedayat (Post 1474097)
The gralloc.default.so link is wrong (it is the same link as the init.rc one).

And another question: The EGL/GLES problem with N9 you mentioned is with N9 itself or with Harmattan? (will it work on SFOS port on N9?)

Regards

i am not 100% sure but i think SFOS on the n9 uses the same EGL/GLES libs as harmattan, so there we have the same problem...

Astaoth 2015-06-19 08:45

You should say in the first post that you are working only for the N9 and Sailfish, but not the N900 ! :'(

Few months ago, I discovered DebianKit, which aims to install a full classical Debian directly in parallel with the existing Android install. Since Harmattan is more or less a Debian and Sailfish is still GNU/Linux, maybe something like that could be achieved for using Android apps (in addition, if it works with Harmattan, we will be able to do the same on the N(eo)900).

liar 2015-06-19 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astaoth (Post 1474139)
You should say in the first post that you are working only for the N9 and Sailfish, but not the N900 ! :'(

Few months ago, I discovered DebianKit, which aims to install a full classical Debian directly in parallel with the existing Android install. Since Harmattan is more or less a Debian and Sailfish is still GNU/Linux, maybe something like that could be achieved for using Android apps (in addition, if it works with Harmattan, we will be able to do the same on the N(eo)900).

i don't limit this to the n9 or sailfish, but i cannot work on a phone which i don't own (anymore), but it is open source and i wish to keep it this way, so n900 fans start coding :P

liar 2015-06-19 14:36

https://bpaste.net/show/5338d7a8aafe

this is a current log with some debug info, wl_surface.attach is never called, this is the current issue

liar 2015-06-19 16:08

current state: i talked to the #wayland guys and it seems egl pbuffers are not supported in conjunction with wayland...

EDIT: maybe it is a bug on my end...

itdoesntmatt 2015-06-19 16:27

so what it means for common mortals?

liar 2015-06-19 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt (Post 1474216)
so what it means for common mortals?

it means i need to change more stuff and hope that it works...

itdoesntmatt 2015-06-19 18:07

no way to connect those systems? u have to look for a different solution?

liar 2015-06-20 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt (Post 1474220)
no way to connect those systems? u have to look for a different solution?

i think it is a bug on my end, something with wayland window creation

EDIT: i added some contact information on the first post