maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camera phone competition July 2016: "Freedom" (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96923)

mosen 2016-07-02 11:37

Camera phone competition July 2016: "Freedom"

In the light of brexit and a discussed öxit, it most interests me how much people differ on the definition and the ways how to achive a common interest, freedom.

So why not utilize this controversial topic to generate a broad theme everybody can contribute to.

What does freedom mean to you?
Something you define as the complete opposite?
You captured someone expressing his freedom?

Good, exactly what i am looking for :)
The rules are known:

Photos must be taken during this month
Photos must be taken by the posting member
Photos must be taken with a camera phone
Users post only one photo per entry
Users can change the entry only once
Users must name the phone they used
Last three days of this month are for voting

loose agreements until Halflife_4_life returns:
Voting starts approximately 3 days before the month ends
Everybody feel free to start the voting
No new pictures after voting has started
Winner will be announced by a member having the time to count the votes during first 2 days of coming month.

Last month, June 2016 "Fish"

catbus 2016-07-02 19:31

Re: Camera phone competition July 2016: "Freedom"

[freedom]
Again... No Freedom here... So I have to figure out something... ;)
[/freedom]

robthebold 2016-07-02 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by catbus (Post 1508864)
[freedom]
Again... No Freedom here... So I have to figure out something...
[/freedom]

Think of it as ..."just another word for 'nothin' left to lose'"

pichlo 2016-07-02 20:21

Freedom is the consciousness of necessity.

catbus 2016-07-02 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by robthebold (Post 1508865)
Think of it as ..."just another word for 'nothin' left to lose'"

Well. I really know what that word means... My previous message was kind of "weekend-post with wine and beer" ;)

And also I must continue my "no, nothing here" -style ;) - Sorry OT.

gerbick 2016-07-03 02:14

I think I still a picture of my recent trip that said "Welcome to Canada"... that'll work, right?

mosen 2016-07-03 10:12

Hmm, the rules would make it necessary to go there again for an even more recent shot. To make it quick and fullfill the non-us members expectations, you could just stop by the nearest walmart to pose with some guns or get yourself some Moon Rocks for a more controversial picture :p

jellyroll 2016-07-03 11:36

I like this topic. Free world, free bags and free snobbing.
US citizens be complaining about gun shootings while any kind of ****** inside the country can own a loaded or unregisterd gun. Stop complaining and vote massively for law changes. Ther're many other ways to shoo bears and wolves.

gerbick 2016-07-03 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1508897)
I like this topic. Free world, free bags and free snobbing.
US citizens be complaining about gun shootings while any kind of ****** inside the country can own a loaded or unregisterd gun. Stop complaining and vote massively for law changes. Ther're many other ways to shoo bears and wolves.

So, via my limited American ability to read and comprehend, you're stating that I should take a recent pic with my guns whilst wearing the highly coveted 3 howling wolves t-shirt, right?

RealJohnGalt 2016-07-05 08:18

I spent my 4th of July shooting (friend's m4, a few various pistols, my glock, and my saiga-12), drinking, and helping cut down dead and dangerous trees...as any red-blooded American should spend their holiday doing :). The only possible improvement could be laughing at Brits :P

The tree chopping is where it got interesting. One tree contained a community roost of bats, and most adults were killed when it fell while some were able to fly away (like the Batman origin story). I then heard a loud and high-pitched chirping noise.

One of the dead female adults was sheltering a group of eleven live baby bats underneath it's wing. Many were approximately the size of a "quarter" coin (again, American currency because FREEDOM), and had yet to grow fur.

I used bark and thick gloves (due to disease) to put them in a bucket, and cover it in a warm garage. I've been feeding them hourly with goat milk, formula, and meal worms since. And will continue to until I can get them to a wildlife refuge after the holiday.

Here they are (11 in total, they huddle together): https://i.imgur.com/QzAMSpR.jpg < NOT my submission.

And here's my submission:
https://i.imgur.com/GDeyuuL.jpg
This is a light no-bake cheesecake with lemon rind, strawberries, and blueberries. I've recently been running or biking each morning, so it also signifies the freedom I now have to eat (for the most part) whatever I want :).

PS: none of the photos are great, per the drinking, however the conditions for the bat photos were difficult to control. I also didn't want to get my phone too close to the bats, or shine bright lights at them.

The phone used was a nexus 5 with SailfishOS 2.0.2.45.