maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sailfish X audio issues (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100072)

taixzo 2017-11-26 20:52

Sailfish X audio issues

Starting a separate thread because it got lost in the general Sailfish X thread.

Several applications seem to have problems with audio input and output. So far I've identified the following:
  • CuteSpot: no audio output
  • Julius speech recognition: no audio input
  • alsaaudio module (python): no audio input or output.

I'm not sure what the commonality is between them. CuteSpot uses QtMultimedia; Julius uses either OSS or ALSA, and alsaaudio of course uses ALSA. They all seem to work fine on Jolla, OnePlus X, Nexus 5 and Nexus 4.
I'm hoping to find a solution to this. CuteSpot has a temporary solution (running the Android Spotify app instead) but of course that won't work on the community build. Julius and alsaaudio are both used by Saera, so work on that has come to a stop until I have an audio solution again.

juiceme 2017-11-28 18:52

Re: Sailfish X audio issues

I have to disagree on CuteSpot, it is one of my most-used applications and it works just about perfect on XperiaX (Kymijoki 2.1.3.7)

Of the othet thingies I have no idea, never used 'em.

taixzo 2017-11-28 18:55

Interesting, looks like I'm still on 2.1.3.5. I'll update to latest version and see if that fixes the issues.

mautz 2017-11-29 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1538876)
Interesting, looks like I'm still on 2.1.3.5. I'll update to latest version and see if that fixes the issues.

Regarding CuteSpot, do you use the version from Openrepos or from the Jolla Store? The first one is affected by the no sound problem you described.

juiceme 2017-11-30 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mautz (Post 1538921)
Regarding CuteSpot, do you use the version from Openrepos or from the Jolla Store? The first one is affected by the no sound problem you described.

I use the version from Jolla store. What's the difference between them; I assume the openrepos version is more recent?

mautz 2017-11-30 08:31

Since 2.1.0.9 the openrepos version doesn't output sound, Jolla Store version does.

juiceme 2017-11-30 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mautz (Post 1538943)
Since 2.1.0.9 the openrepos version doesn't output sound, Jolla Store version does.

Not much use then, that one.... I don't really see many other reasons to have a spotify client than listening to music, huh?

taixzo 2017-11-30 13:30

Ah, I did indeed install it from openrepos. Why's there a difference between the two?

Edit: Installed Jolla Store version, sound does indeed work.

taixzo 2017-11-30 20:17

Regarding alsa: It seems that ALSA enumerates a single sound card (msm8976tashasnd), but throws an error when trying to connect to it.

rfa 2017-12-29 20:02

As far as I can tell SailfishX doesn't support 5.1 audio out.

I've copied a downloaded file that plays fine on a PC, but there's no audio when I try to watch it on my phone.

does another player (using default only for now) down mix to 2.0 audio? or is this a hardware limitation?