maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce]N9Profile (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58897)

Bzouk 2010-07-21 17:40

[Announce]N9Profile

Hi everyobody,

I am glad to announce N9Profile, my first app for N900. N9Profile can create profiles for N900, fast change profiles ,set profiles based on event in calendars, location id from mobile network, profile based on WiFi network name, timed profile ( examample: silent profile for 4 hours) and profiles for incoming calls ( N900 will ring or not based on profile for mobile number) It is using "default" profile in N900 for change profiles settings.

Pictures and little info here.

Install:
N9Profile is now in devel. :) or
Download package
Upload to device, go to X-Terminal and sudo gainroot. Then apt-get install n9profil_0.1-1_armel.deb or you can use maemo file manager, find it and click on deb file (I do not know if this will work).

You will need:
Qt4 and Qt4 maemo 5 libs and Qt mobility libs
calendar-backend, libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.1.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2.1), libprofile0, libqt4-core (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-dbus (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-gui (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-maemo5 (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-network (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-xml (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqt4-xmlpatterns (>= 4.6.2~git20100401), libqtm-systeminfo, libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1)

More Info:
  • Still Beta but works fine on my N900.
  • You can change more settings in profiles. Like if profile will be silent or ringing
  • You can minimize by pressing the close button. App can by closed in menu. To show app again click on icon.
  • For profiles based on calendar you have to select calendars and for profiles create words and set priority. App will try to find this words in name of event in calendar and set profile when this event occurs.
  • For location profile (wifi and location id) app will set profile when you have rule for location id or SSID wifi network.
  • Default profile, profiled based on calendar, position (wifi and location id), timed profile and profile for phone numbers have priority.
  • Default 1, calendar 2, position 3 (wifi have more priority here) timed profile 4 and phone 5., app will choose profile with more priority = only one can be set in phone
  • Please write feedback, thanks.

Hope you will enjoy it!

Reflektorfalke 2010-07-21 20:08

Re: [Announce]N9Profile

Sounds and looks very interesting and promising!
Think this is an app a lot of us here are waiting for!
Will test it as soon as it makes it to extras-devel...

nicolai 2010-07-22 08:33

Hi Bzouk,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bzouk (Post 759616)
You can change more settings in profiles. Like if profile will be silent or ringing and alarm for clock and calendar - on/off

That is interesting. I played with those options in my own custom
profile program (ProfilesX). But I couldn't get it to work.
These options were just ignored.
How did you get it working?

regards
Nicolai

Bzouk 2010-07-22 10:20

I test this long time ago and I thing it work, but you are right, it is ignored. My mistake sorry. Thanks Nicolai

But silent/ringing profile works even for incoming calls.

nicolai 2010-07-22 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bzouk (Post 760559)
But silent/ringing profile works even for incoming calls.

Yes, but you can not change the ringing type to
ringing for the builtin profile "silent". The "silent" profile is always
silent.
And what about the system sound in the silent profile, can that
be changed?

regards
nicolai

Bzouk 2010-07-22 12:27

App change only "default" profile settings in N900 and default profile can be silent. I didn't test changing values for "silent" profile so i don't know. Problem is that i don't have access to profiled daemon source codes, it's close source right ?

md92h 2010-07-22 12:51

tanxxxxxxxxxxxx. this is just what i need. from the day i bought n900 i missed Best Profiles app on my n81. great job Bzouk.

maartenmk 2010-07-22 13:13

Does this also increase the number of settings that can be influenced by the profile? I would love to have for instance a power-saving profile, setting screen brightness & timeouts to low, GSM only, wifi/bluetooth off etc.
And on the other hand an 'external power' profile, setting screen to full, wifi to non-powersaving, bluetooth on, and so on.

Bzouk 2010-07-22 13:34

Hi maartenmk,

N9Profile is for ringing profiles only for now (changing volume, ringing sounds form calls, sms, email and IM, vibrations etc.) and (power-saving profile, setting screen brightness & timeouts to low, GSM only, wifi/bluetooth off etc.) are something else, some apps already exist for this. But one big app for all of this would be nice.

skalogre 2010-07-22 18:43

Does this use a daemon or must the application be running in the background?