maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Multimedia (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Visualization in N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89980)

stickymick 2013-05-03 09:11

Re: Visualization in N900

There's been a couple of attempts at visualizations in the past, namely Ironcope and VUmeter.
May be worth contacting the devs of these to find out if any changes can be made to make them customizable, i.e graphbars, sinewaves etc. The next bit would then be to integrate the final product into a mediaplayer.
There's another app that's available, can't remember the name of it. It displays a circle and a line that resonates when sound is picked up via the microphone. Some of the effects available were a bit too heavy for a stock N900 and were just barely useable with a big overclock.

*Slightly off topic* Now to find out where to put that font for use in Theme Customizer.

TheoX 2013-05-03 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickymick (Post 1340879)
*Slightly off topic* Now to find out where to put that font for use in Theme Customizer.

You can add that font with WinSCP in /usr/share/, search for the fonts folder, or you can import the font via ThemeCustomizer, and TC does that automatically for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanmcken (Post 1340834)
@TheoX
You made that stuff?, i mean wer is developing page?

I don't have one, it's my first week here and I am just getting started to understand how stuff works around here. Yes, I wrote part of that, but the base files and the documentation were allready written by other users. I edited those files until the sound was cristal clear, and as loud as possible without breaking something. I packed it, I added the MAFW equalizer, I added some icons, packed it all together and upload it to media fire, and also writen some instructions and some documentation.

Does this mean I am a developer? I don't think so.

But if you say YES, that means I am a developer, please tell me where should I write a thread for this?

seanmcken 2013-05-03 15:49

@TheoX
i guess its in talk and then select the section, and make thread. iam sorry im just a noob. and thank you very much for the thing you are doing for us :), may god bless u :)

TheoX 2013-05-03 16:55

You're welcome! I have many ideas, but I need to put them all down, and I will.

nokiabot 2013-05-03 17:03

Theox under talk category applications make a thread (Announce)beats audio for n900 or as u like
make a thread crediting the respective and your continuation devloment of it:) make a clean thread with clear instructions do an donts etc you know more :)

Alecsandru 2013-05-03 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1340819)
For a good quality sound you can try a script I made from other scrips found around here. I tested them on BeatsAudio headphones, and the sound is about ~80% identical quality as an HTC X8 with Beats Audio.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hwxl02z415uft6t (files + instructions + documentation)

And here are some screenshots:

Attachment 31889

Attachment 31890

Works with SPEAKERS (WARNING DON'T SET VOLUME TOO HIGH!), HEADPHONES, HANDSFREE, BLUETOOTH AD2P and TV-OUT.

resample-method = trivial ;speex-fixed-2
set that to 10 and you will see another beats audio ,:o
another opinion on this?> worth installing ,any gains apart the icons?

TheoX 2013-05-03 19:42

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alecsandru (Post 1340982)
resample-method = trivial ;speex-fixed-2
set that to 10 and you will see another beats audio ,:o
another opinion on this?> worth installing ,any gains apart the icons?

Well, I did this piece of coding because a friend of mine brought a pair of Beats Audio headphones... And the stock sound quality of the was... not... as expected. I remembered my N800, that when I plugged in any type of headset it would be loud and clear as f*ck. Then a guy came up with his Iphone, plugged in the beats and the sound was loud and clear... That was enough... Why can that piece of s*it can do that and my N900 can't? Then I thought, that from configuration, Nokia, did something to limit the audio output, to limit the device due to legislation (yes, the sh*tty legislation).

Now I found a script that can only make your device louder, did some research on that, and found out many other sound quality options that I edited and tested until I matched the output of an HTC with Beats Audio engine. It was a close match so my work was done. After that, I found out about MAFW EQ, installed and see that it could fine tune (just a little but enough if you install this). Then, If I did everything to almost match Beats Audio, why not replace some icons... And that was the final package. I did that just for myself.

I also saw a user that asked for an EQ, than I offered him this solution, so he can give me some feedback on it. Also I added that warning just because my K850, with an audio mod just blew the speaker, and now I am waiting for a new speaker... And because the sound on the speakers is slightly louder I just wanted to warn the users (because I don't really know how resistant the speakers are) to be careful not to blow them up...

So there are some gains... try it on and give me some feedback, also I included the original files so you can restore them if you don't like what I did. Also I've added some documentation about every function so you can edit the files by yourself, but at your own risk.

Cheers and "Paste fericit"!

Also I've attached you some screenshot with the CPU usage for this script:

Attachment 31905

Attachment 31906

mlwane 2013-05-03 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1340819)
For a good quality sound you can try a script I made from other scrips found around here. I tested them on BeatsAudio headphones, and the sound is about ~80% identical quality as an HTC X8 with Beats Audio.

Nice work, I will give it a try.

Thanks

TheoX 2013-05-03 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlwane (Post 1341011)
Nice work, I will give it a try.

Thanks

I'll wait for your feedback. If I get enough positive feedbacks here I will make a dev thread for it.

RiD 2013-05-03 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickymick (Post 1340879)
There's been a couple of attempts at visualizations in the past, namely Ironcope and VUmeter.
May be worth contacting the devs of these to find out if any changes can be made to make them customizable, i.e graphbars, sinewaves etc. The next bit would then be to integrate the final product into a mediaplayer.
There's another app that's available, can't remember the name of it. It displays a circle and a line that resonates when sound is picked up via the microphone. Some of the effects available were a bit too heavy for a stock N900 and were just barely useable with a big overclock.

That is "osc" by Kot Czarny. I would love it if it picked up the n900's sound instead of the microphone.