maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New stuff available for creating/editing virtual keyboards on the N900 now available (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79899)

jonwil 2011-11-11 19:32

New stuff available for creating/editing virtual keyboards on the N900 now available

I have just released some stuff to aid in creating/editing virtual keyboard layouts on the N900, including layouts for the "special characters view" (i.e. what you get if you press "sym")
Download http://www.cncmods.net/files/vkb.zip
The following files are included:
decode_vkb.pl script to decode a .vkb file to XML for editing (its a modification of an existing Perl script, it now properly decodes everything the N900 vkb parser will parse)
gen_vkb binary for program to generate a .vkb file from an XML file (its a clone of the gen_vkb from older Maemo versions but it supports all the N900 features)
gen_vkb.c source for gen_vkb
gen_vkb.sh script to compile gen_vkb.c
imlayout_vkb.h header file you can use to talk to the libimlayout library (which loads and parses the vkb files)
vkb-format-v4.txt (modified/updated description of the .vkb file format)

If you wish to compile gen_vkb.c, you will need to put gen_vkb.c and gen_vkb.sh in a folder on your scratchbox setup, then put imlayout_vkb.h in your /usr/include, then make sure you have the libimlayout0 package installed in your scratchbox install, then create a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libimlayout.so.0 to /usr/lib/libimlayout.so. Then run gen_vkb.sh.

gen_vkb should compile and run for both x86 and ARM if you have a usable libimlayout library available.

The stock vkb files are in /usr/share/keyboards and /usr/share/scv_layouts

Captwheeto 2011-11-11 19:42

Re: New stuff available for creating/editing virtual keyboards on the N900 now available

You really don't mess around O:

Thanks!

neboja 2011-11-11 19:58

Re: New stuff available for creating/editing virtual keyboards on the N900 now available

is this means that all of us could create a different and adjustable vkb?????
so a portrait vkb now could be fixed to be more "finger friendly"???? :)))))))))

travla 2011-11-12 03:31

Great work jonwil, looking forward to checking this out and seeing possibilities.

kent_autistic 2011-11-22 03:18

bump bump any takers? portrait vkb layout?

vi_ 2011-11-22 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwil (Post 1122022)
I have just released some stuff to aid in creating/editing virtual keyboard layouts on the N900, including layouts for the "special characters view" (i.e. what you get if you press "sym")
Download http://www.cncmods.net/files/vkb.zip
The following files are included:
decode_vkb.pl script to decode a .vkb file to XML for editing (its a modification of an existing Perl script, it now properly decodes everything the N900 vkb parser will parse)
gen_vkb binary for program to generate a .vkb file from an XML file (its a clone of the gen_vkb from older Maemo versions but it supports all the N900 features)
gen_vkb.c source for gen_vkb
gen_vkb.sh script to compile gen_vkb.c
imlayout_vkb.h header file you can use to talk to the libimlayout library (which loads and parses the vkb files)
vkb-format-v4.txt (modified/updated description of the .vkb file format)

If you wish to compile gen_vkb.c, you will need to put gen_vkb.c and gen_vkb.sh in a folder on your scratchbox setup, then put imlayout_vkb.h in your /usr/include, then make sure you have the libimlayout0 package installed in your scratchbox install, then create a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libimlayout.so.0 to /usr/lib/libimlayout.so. Then run gen_vkb.sh.

gen_vkb should compile and run for both x86 and ARM if you have a usable libimlayout library available.

The stock vkb files are in /usr/share/keyboards and /usr/share/scv_layouts

Jonwil, you have made a epic fail. You have missed out your paypal address. How are we to know were to send the beer money?

gregoranderson 2011-11-22 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1127236)
Jonwil, you have made a epic fail. You have missed out your paypal address. How are we to know were to send the beer money?

I may have the answer. Looking at this work, I have a feeling Jonwil may be omnipresent, therefore if one buys any beer in any bar any where in the world, Jonwil shall drink it.

jonwil 2011-11-22 15:40

I dont use Fleabay or Paycrap and I dont drink anything with alcohol in it :)

Alfred 2011-11-22 16:10

Guys, does it mean, that portrait vkb can be fixed or not?
Thnx in advance!

Estel 2011-11-23 07:48

Yes.

Ten chars.