maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Chinese or Finnish: What IS the difference anyway? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83862)

MINKIN2 2012-04-23 22:39

Chinese or Finnish: What IS the difference anyway?

Hi all, I am looking into getting an n9, well I will get one. However many of the sellers are shipping from the orient. Now I have been lead to believe that the N9's manufactured from Nokia HQ are built to a higher standard, is this correct?

I am looking for advice from both people who have experience with either device and especially with those who have a Made in China model too.

Thanks

MINKIN2

Lumiaman 2012-04-23 22:54

Re: Chinese or Finnish: What IS the difference anyway?

No difference. I have a white one from Finland and cyan from China. The buttons on white one from Finland stick more than from China. I see absolutely no difference in workmanship. In my experience the China one is better. My cyan from China fell several times to the floor, without any problems, except some chipping but Cyan is through and through so chips give it a cool, marbled look.

MINKIN2 2012-04-23 23:18

Good to hear the china models are sturdy :) Do the buttons feel loose at all?

And do do you find any ill or undesired effects from the finnish model buttons sticking down?

thanks again

Lumiaman 2012-04-23 23:56

Buttons on my Chinese are tight. Finnish buttons are too recessed for my pleasure so i find it less pleasent pressing on it.

panjgoori 2012-04-24 00:04

for me both are same. here in my country devices mainly are now imported from Nokia's china or India factory. There is no different between them.

Samirox 2012-04-24 00:08

hahah dont forget our n900's are korean made except a few finnish ones all are XD

Audrius 2012-04-24 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1196740)
No difference. I have a white one from Finland and cyan from China. The buttons on white one from Finland stick more than from China. I see absolutely no difference in workmanship. In my experience the China one is better. My cyan from China fell several times to the floor, without any problems, except some chipping but Cyan is through and through so chips give it a cool, marbled look.

On my dead black finish n9, buttons felt fine, but on Chinese white that I've got now they feel a little loose. Maybe that's the case for white n9, doesn't matter where they're made?

Arie 2012-04-24 01:19

From my experience, it's like going to the steakhouse and getting steak on 2 different days, no two steaks will be alike.

bandora 2012-04-24 02:04

The finnish version of Nokia phones tend to have better quality build and sometimes better quality parts..

For example, my brother had an N82 (Made in China) and the ear speaker was actually different (weaker part/worse quality) than our friend's N82 (Made in Finland)... Which btw the part stopped working and we had to replace it..

alephito 2012-04-24 02:23

Do not forget the Argentinian N9.