maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Recover SmS? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72807)

_invisible_ 2011-05-05 18:45

Recover SmS?

Hy,

I hope that i am in the right section :P.
I have search the forum and i haven't see about my problem.
I have deleted a sms from stupidity and i need him back. I copied el-v1.db to my pc and searched in the "events" section but i have all the messages except the one i deleted. I have no backup.
Is there anyway to recover this sms or whats deleted it's deleted ?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience with me :), and sorry for my bad english :(

Aranel 2011-05-05 19:03

Re: Recover SmS?

I think it's not recoverable, you can always try using testdisk-like solutions to get data back but odds of getting anything useful is pretty low.

If you upgraded to PR1.1 to PR1.2 (then PR1.3) instead of a fresh installation, most likely there will be another database in the same folder you found el-v1.db and if you received that sms before the upgrade, you can still reach it using that discontinued database.

Good luck,

_invisible_ 2011-05-05 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aranel (Post 1000779)
I think it's not recoverable, you can always try using testdisk-like solutions to get data back but odds of getting anything useful is pretty low.

If you upgraded to PR1.1 to PR1.2 (then PR1.3) instead of a fresh installation, most likely there will be another database in the same folder you found el-v1.db and if you received that sms before the upgrade, you can still reach it using that discontinued database.

Good luck,

Hy Aranel,
I will try what you recommanded and i will see what i get.
I've verified the folder where it was el-v1.db and i didn't saw another el-v1.db The sms was sent today and i am already on PR1.3.
Thanks for the tip but like you said the odds are verry low.

ON. Still open for another suggestions if anyone has in mind something else :)

redselena 2012-05-05 06:24

HI there

I have accidentaly deleted all SMS from my n9!
I was deleting just one thread but I guess I mistakenly deleted everything. I noticed that the previous post says you cant recover one sms. I have not made any changes to my phone since the upgrade to PR1.2, If I lose the SMS's I had before the upgrade, thats not a problem. Is there some way to recover just the most recent ones?

thanks
redselena

N9WB 2012-11-22 20:58

Sorry to resurrect such an old file but this came to me as I was googling a solution.

I took a super-cute video of my daughter this morning and she was watching it over and over then accidentally deleted it.

I tried using a Mac recovery utility that cost almost two-hundred dollars but is a total scam company and they wouldn't let me use the old version of the software anymore b/c they want everyone to upgrade to their new licensing scam... so... I fired up Parallels and used Recuva in Windows XP. It found my Nokia N9 movie in 8 seconds and recovered it in 3 seconds.

I'd be curious too about recovering the deleted SMSs as that happened to me once as well.

juiceme 2012-11-23 13:47

So here you are talking about recovering a lost file from a desktop/laptop computer disk?
It is totally different fom recovdring lost SMS from a database in a phone device, even N9.

al33xxxx 2014-08-15 20:37

Hi all!
After I deleted accidentally all of my messages I recovered some files from my phone (some files from .tmp folder including messages file, contacts file, calendar file).
Can I open this file and acces the content? The messages file has about 15 MB.
I'm pretty sure that all of my sms are here but I can't open the file.