maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92935)

mousse04 2014-04-04 05:19

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager and lipstick-pandora, a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabouik (Post 1419810)
I followed the steps, but nothing changed after I installed pandora-box. The installation steps have run fine till 5 (or 6, not sure), the homescreen restarted each time it should have, and everything. But when I went back to Patchmanager for step 7, there were no new options available. When pulling down to manage lipstick-pandora, it stills offers me the possibility to install lipstick pandora. I taped it again just to be sure, the homsecreen restarted again, but still no options.

Any ideas?

Did you try to restart your phone?

Kabouik 2014-04-04 08:13

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager and lipstick-pandora, a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousse04 (Post 1419830)
Did you try to restart your phone?

Haha, thought about it but I was too lazy to try out, thought somebody would have commented the steps if it was necessary. Anyway, problem solved then. Laziness is a shame. :D

Does the Patchmanager allow patching the Notification screen (swipe up from bottom edge)? That would be awesome to add stuff in there, RSS feeds, tweets, or even more notifications like weather and so on. In short, N9's legacy.

[Edit] Well a problem persists though: all patches do appear in Patchmanager, but I can only apply the Gallery one. Control center and Unlimited multitask can't be enabled (the confirmation dot just blinks once). I tried restarting lipstick just in case it was just a GUI issue, one by one, all at once, and everything, but the patches won't apply. It seems from the thread that nobody else experienced that?

Sfiet_Konstantin 2014-04-04 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabouik (Post 1419850)
Haha, thought about it but I was too lazy to try out, thought somebody would have commented the steps if it was necessary. Anyway, problem solved then. Laziness is a shame. :D

Yes, a known issue. I'm working on a much more robust patchmanager release that would fix this bug, and allows safer patching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabouik (Post 1419850)
[Edit] Well a problem persists though: all patches do appear in Patchmanager, but I can only apply the Gallery one. Control center and Unlimited multitask can't be enabled (the confirmation dot just blinks once). I tried restarting lipstick just in case it was just a GUI issue, one by one, all at once, and everything, but the patches won't apply. It seems from the thread that nobody else experienced that?

Did you have pandora mode enabled ? In a newer release, pandora patches will be disabled if pandora mode is not enabled.

Sfiet_Konstantin 2014-04-04 13:06

New release of patchmanager (0.3.0) brings
  • Better UI
  • Many bugs fixed (no need to reboot to apply patches etc.)
  • Better system for patching (more foolproof)
  • Ability to fix patches that were wrongly applied (3rd option in pulley menu)

New release of pandora-box (0.1.3) brings
  • Bugs fixed for unlimited multitask
  • Category (they won't be installable without pandora mode)

Careful before updating: remove all patches. New patchmanager requires a clean device.

mousse04 2014-04-04 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin (Post 1419886)
  • Better UI

Careful before updating: remove all patches. New patchmanager requires a clean device.

When you said removed, you spoke about disabling them via patchmanager right ?

Sfiet_Konstantin 2014-04-04 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousse04 (Post 1419887)
When you said removed, you spoke about disabling them via patchmanager right ?

Yep, disable patches. It can even be better if you would disable pandora mode and reenable it afterwards.

fullauto 2014-04-04 15:02

Hi, I have some question here:

Can you tell me that what does lipstick-qt5-tools & ui use for :confused: ?
Do I need to Install those 2 packages with lipstick-qt5.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin (Post 1419886)
  • Better UI

Sfiet_Konstantin 2014-04-04 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullauto (Post 1419889)
Hi, I have some question here:

Can you tell me that what does lipstick-qt5-tools & ui use for :confused: ?
Do I need to Install those 2 packages with lipstick-qt5.:confused:

No: these packages are built in my OBS from the mainline lipstick-qt5 code. They should be exactly the same as those provided by Jolla, and are basically useless.

Boxeri 2014-04-04 17:45

This is great!

Have been waiting these kind of patches since the release now. Why do I seem to remember that n900 and n9 started to get this stuff "faster".

Great job!

jalyst 2014-04-04 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxeri (Post 1419910)
This is great!

Have been waiting these kind of patches since the release now. Why do I seem to remember that n900 and n9 started to get this stuff "faster".

Great job!

Hmm, N900 maybe, but I don't recall N9 getting this sort of thing (i.e. as powerful/flexible) as soon as this.