maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   libxslt - official Nokia repository (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100099)

DNA_Splice 2017-12-18 21:56

libxslt - official Nokia repository

Hello. After years of not using my N900 I came across it in my drawer and decided to give it another chance. As I said it has been a few years and things had changed around here. Well long story short - I've tried to reinstall AGTL - advancedcaching and for some reason it removed libxslt. I know it was a part of official Nokia repository which isn't running anymore (I
curse you Nokia for that). I have tried other mirrors but they seems to be down as well plus certificates are gone too. So my question is: is there any way of getting libxslt (or any other lib/program that was part of official repository) to get it installed on my N900?

peterleinchen 2017-12-18 23:37

Re: libxslt - official Nokia repository

Do you need/want this?

DNA_Splice 2017-12-18 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1539465)
Do you need/want this?

What? libxslt or AGTL? Would like to have both. Can't have AGTL without libxslt.

justmemory 2017-12-19 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA_Splice (Post 1539464)
Hello. After years of not using my N900 I came across it in my drawer and decided to give it another chance. As I said it has been a few years and things had changed around here. Well long story short - I've tried to reinstall AGTL - advancedcaching and for some reason it removed libxslt. I know it was a part of official Nokia repository which isn't running anymore (I
curse you Nokia for that). I have tried other mirrors but they seems to be down as well plus certificates are gone too. So my question is: is there any way of getting libxslt (or any other lib/program that was part of official repository) to get it installed on my N900?

Hi,

take a look at here I'm sure you will find what you need (;

jm

DNA_Splice 2017-12-19 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmemory (Post 1539468)
Hi,

take a look at here I'm sure you will find what you need (;

jm

Thx mate. That helps a lot.

peterleinchen 2017-12-19 10:36

Thanks justmemory.

I wanted to add it directly but had only Jolla with me and could not upload anything else than documents, pictures, videos, ...
DUMB smartphone :(

Now from N900 no prob. Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?

@DNA
I have AGTL and xslt installed on the same N900. So I guess anything else removed it?

justmemory 2017-12-19 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1539474)
Now from N900 no prob.

No problem... Yeah, n900 is still... well, you know... capable of many things that today's phones just can't do :)

Quote:

Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?

I do not know; I linked the "parent" directory because if something else is needed then it is available there somewhere...

DNA_Splice 2017-12-19 22:11

Quote:

Thanks justmemory.

I wanted to add it directly but had only Jolla with me and could not upload anything else than documents, pictures, videos, ...
DUMB smartphone :(

Now from N900 no prob. Maybe DNA will also need xlstproc?

@DNA
I have AGTL and xslt installed on the same N900. So I guess anything else removed it?

No need for xsltproc. libxslt did the job.
Well maybe you have another app that pulls libxslt coz app manager removed it together with AGTL. I'm planning on reviving AGTL. I will get in touch with geocaching team to get access to API and AGTL maintener to help it with again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmemory (Post 1539476)
I do not know; I linked the "parent" directory because if something else is needed then it is available there somewhere...

And thank you so much for this. Now I will know where to look for stuff I may need in future. Does it say somewhere about this backup? I couldn't find any info about where to look for stuff from official repository that no longer available.
Thx a lot guys.

justmemory 2017-12-20 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA_Splice (Post 1539487)
And thank you so much for this. Now I will know where to look for stuff I may need in future. Does it say somewhere about this backup? I couldn't find any info about where to look for stuff from official repository that no longer available.
Thx a lot guys.

Here are some basics:
- Wiki page
- repository
- Packages
- merlin - you should be very, very, very careful using this repository. You have been warned...

peterleinchen 2017-12-20 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA_Splice (Post 1539487)
... I'm planning on reviving AGTL. I will get in touch with geocaching team to get access to API and AGTL maintener to help it with again.

This would be appreciated.
Albeit I would think a version for SFOS would be also nice.