maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Brainstorm (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [Under consideration] Brainstorm: contacts integration in calendar (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32306)

edgar2 2009-09-30 21:29

[Under consideration] Brainstorm: contacts integration in calendar

the calendar deals to a large extent with people in your address book, yet the integration of the contacts application and calendar could be better. i have some ideas, let's hear yours, and vote for the ones you like!

Brainstorm: contacts integration in calendar

qgil 2009-10-01 02:30

Re: Brainstorm: contacts integration in calendar

I really regret the "Nokia should do it" / "The community should do it" titles I used for solutions in my first brainstorm proposal. I was purely testing the tool and typing fast just anything. Now many proposals are started that way.

The solution should define implementations to solve that problem. In some cases the implementation needs to be done by Nokia, in other cases not necessarily.

edgar2 2009-10-01 07:41

referring to my comment in the actual brainstorm proposal, would you think that the rephrasing there is a good enough way of proposing the problem & some potential solutions?

qgil 2009-10-04 18:41

edgar2, after fixing the annoying bug you should be able to edit your own proposals and solutions now.

TomJ 2009-10-21 15:12

Now this Brainstorm forum is live, I'd like to suggest people look at this idea in tandem with my Maps/Calendar/Contacts integration idea (link in sig). I reckon where's a lot of synergy here and they might warrant combining.

robbie 2009-10-21 16:01

I'm a bit confused. Should i post here or in the brainstorm section?

It would be nice to have more smart dates in contacts. Thay way you can store:
- (wedding) anniversaries with the person they belong to;
- Birthdays of children with their parent so that you don’t have to make separate entries for them;
- other special repeating dates that are linked to a person.

These contact dates should appear in the calendar just as the smart birthday.

I'm currently using HappyDays on PalmOS. That reads dates from a field in a special format and stores the events in the calendar.

The Maemo app should do it simpeler. It should work the same as for the birthdate but have the ability to add more fields.

Texrat 2009-10-21 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 354092)
I'm a bit confused. Should i post here or in the brainstorm section?.

As noted in the How To, please keep discussion here.

arkanoid 2009-12-12 23:06

Re: [Under consideration] Brainstorm: contacts integration in calendar

Wow, that's exactly what i want for years. The only PIM that implemented it i've seen was Iambic Agendus on PalmOS.