maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Satisfaction with Nokia customer care / Nokia store / support ??? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90132)

peterleinchen 2013-05-16 22:13

Satisfaction with Nokia customer care / Nokia store / support ???

Hey.

Just read another odd story of customer care caring about customers.
This and the latest store story are really a nightmare (besides all those other occurences).
Beside my own feelings :mad: I just want to get an impression about your experiences with Nokia and their care people handling your problems/concerns. This should not get into a flame war against them, but list all these stuff and the poll should show Nokia itself how they deal with their customers (or should I say former customers?).
Maybe we will see that all those odd stories are just a minority?

qwazix 2013-05-16 22:19

Re: Satisfaction with Nokia customer care / Nokia store / support ???

My store story http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88407

peterleinchen 2013-05-27 17:36

May I bump (asking for more votes)?

NokiaFanatic 2013-05-28 14:08

Nokia Care is as good as it has ever been in fairness.

Support for developers through Nokia Publish and the Nokia Store has degraded in the last year.

soryuuha 2013-05-28 14:27

nokia discussion forum is useless

peterleinchen 2013-06-20 19:51

As my 1000th post in this forum :D :cool: :D I would like you to give some more statements/votes (knowing nobody at Nokia is reading/listening/caring :() ...

Wikiwide 2013-06-21 12:57

My problems with Nokia N900 device started only when it was already out of warranty; nothing major, yet. So I cannot vote about Nokia customer care, but I can say that their build quality is good. As good as it gets, in modern world.
The Service Manuals indicate that any disassembly-assembly of a device involves replacing many parts (screws, some other fragile bits and pieces) with new ones. It should indicate high quality of their repairs, even if their customer-catering skills are quite poor.
The latest (version 8.0) Service Manual for N9 was printed on 20.07.2012, if I remember correctly. It alone indicates ongoing support for N9.
Best wishes.

sjukfan 2013-06-28 23:37

Well... they do release nice phones now and then, but I think the actual support and custom care sucks. Sure, I can understand that they want people to buy new phones twice a year so there's a reason why they drop support quite early. But I think that it would be nice if they cared about the people using older phones too.

And it's worth saying it again, Nokia discussion forums sucks. Those times I've tried to use them I've gotten the feeling that they were just filled with people asking questions and no real replies.

With that said... I may still buy a new phone from them.

peterleinchen 2013-09-30 20:28

Totally useless after the handover to M$, as 'they' have never cared after their "customer" (i.e. guinea pigs).
Nevertheless another bump (probably last one :().

gerbick 2013-10-02 01:55

Nokia customer care while they still had their own distribution channels sucked. Nokia customer care after they closed their North American distribution channels sucked. I wasn't a fan and now... I'd have to talk to Microsoft customer care - which equally if not greater sucked.

In fact, MS customer service is the main reason I switched to OS X way back during the early Windows XP/Windows 2003 Server days.