maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   N9 turns off when SIM card is inserted (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90393)

MrBhoot 2013-06-07 19:17

N9 turns off when SIM card is inserted

My N9 had 3G connected constantly for about a day. Later, while I was downloading a file (about 150 MB), the phone turned off without any warning.
It refused to turn on after that. Thinking it needed a recharge, I let it charge for half an hour, only to find disappointment later.
Somehow it struck me to remove the SIM and then try. It worked!

So, now the situation is if I insert any SIM card (of any telecom service), the phone will start finding the network, and then immediately turn off without any warning.
However, if I insert a SIM in flight mode, N9 will stay alive. Apparently, finding the network does the toll on my phone.

I have also tries resetting as well as flashing the phone (zero flash). No gain.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is there any solution to it (hopefully other than replacing some hardware) ?

rainisto 2013-06-07 20:47

Re: N9 turns off when SIM card is inserted

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBhoot (Post 1350357)
My N9 had 3G connected constantly for about a day. Later, while I was downloading a file (about 150 MB), the phone turned off without any warning.
It refused to turn on after that. Thinking it needed a recharge, I let it charge for half an hour, only to find disappointment later.

So, now the situation is if I insert any SIM card (of any telecom service), the phone will start finding the network, and then immediately turn off without any warning.
However, if I insert a SIM in flight mode, N9 will stay alive. Apparently, finding the network does the toll on my phone.

I have also tries resetting as well as flashing the phone (zero flash). No gain.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is there any solution to it (hopefully other than replacing some hardware) ?

If reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't help you, then its most likely broken sim slot, which needs to be fixed by Nokia Care center.

Qiansumo 2013-06-08 06:10

If your mobile phone without card call 112 also shut down,It was the case with me.The engineer said it was the hardware circuit problem.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBhoot (Post 1350357)

MrBhoot 2013-06-08 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qiansumo (Post 1350437)
If your mobile phone without card call 112 also shut down,It was the case with me.The engineer said it was the hardware circuit problem.

I checked it out and shockingly, it turns off. It seems you are right. Do I assume that you had done a zero flash (----erase-user-data=secure) prior to showing it to your engineer?

Also, did you get the circuit replaced? How much did it cost?

I am afraid that service won't be available in India - "Foreign phone - no spare parts available was the reason given by Nokia Care.
In that case, could you guide me to a better, feasible way to get this replaced?

MrBhoot 2013-06-08 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainisto (Post 1350381)
If reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't help you, then its most likely broken sim slot, which needs to be fixed by Nokia Care center.

As a last-ditch effort, I will try this tomorrow night and post the result here. I dont think it will work, however. @Qiansumo's diagnosis worked in my phone. So it might be a hardware circuit failure, after all. :(

Qiansumo 2013-06-08 16:40

Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBhoot (Post 1350523)
As a last-ditch effort, I will try this tomorrow night and post the result here. I dont think it will work, however. @Qiansumo's diagnosis worked in my phone. So it might be a hardware circuit failure, after all. :(

Qiansumo 2013-06-08 16:56

Reflashing firmware with --erase-user-data=secure didn't work,because I tried many times.It will spend too much time to exam the wiring,In short,it is a quick question.Don't worry.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBhoot (Post 1350521)
I checked it out and shockingly, it turns off. It seems you are right. Do I assume that you had done a zero flash (----erase-user-data=secure) prior to showing it to your engineer?

Also, did you get the circuit replaced? How much did it cost?

I am afraid that service won't be available in India - "Foreign phone - no spare parts available was the reason given by Nokia Care.
In that case, could you guide me to a better, feasible way to get this replaced?

nokiabot 2013-06-08 18:11

Damm people and damm countrys if u know this isint a problem as its solved by checking continuity in circurity by replacing just a restior:)
btw you guys really dont have shops that repair mobile phones?? :(

getvasanth 2013-09-04 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qiansumo (Post 1350572)
Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems.

Did u get it fixed, I am also facing the same issue now. :(

awaiting for your reply

Qiansumo 2013-09-05 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by getvasanth (Post 1372057)
Did u get it fixed, I am also facing the same issue now. :(
awaiting for your reply

Yes,I get it fixed. Do not need to replace the motherboard, only need to check where the line problem,it May also be the RF power amplifier problems. Good luck!