maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Multimedia (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [ Announce ] NVideo - A youTube browser, searcher, and player written in Qt C++ (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78057)

stlpaul 2011-11-09 18:20

Re: [ Announce ] NVideo - A youTube browser, searcher, and player written in Qt C++

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacktanner (Post 1120649)
All the videos in nVideo are silent for me. All other audio-playing apps work fine. Any ideas?

Also, I have ver. 0.1.1, but Application Manager suggests every day that I upgrade... to 0.1.1. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help.

is phone in silent profile?

jacktanner 2011-11-10 16:05

Re: [ Announce ] NVideo - A youTube browser, searcher, and player written in Qt C++

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlpaul (Post 1120804)
is phone in silent profile?

Yup, that was it.

I also installed 0.1.1 from Ovi, but I still get suggestions to upgrade from 0.1.1 to 0.1.1.

kaos_king 2011-11-14 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidd211095 (Post 1123297)
The things which i miss in this awesome youtube video player are adjusting the resolution of the video and also a back button

What do you mean by the back button - it has one?

I would like to be able to read the comments....

khuong 2011-11-14 16:25

Quote:

I would like to be able to read the comments....
Comments will be added and displayed in the related video area, But I still hesitate to implement them due the area was too small which would hinder the readability for some, unless someone here has a better idea where to display them.

Back and forward buttons are available when you start playing video in related videos or playing a playlist.

Video resolutions switching is not available due to only 1 mp4 resolution is compatible with n900 from youtube.

khuong 2011-11-17 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidd211095 (Post 1124987)
I mean like if i'm here watching a video:

the stop button (a square icon) will take you back.

jacktanner 2011-11-19 18:58

Still stuck on suggestions to reinstall nvideo 0.1.1 over and over... Installing from Ovi doesn't help. Should I ping whoever maintains the repositories?

khuong 2011-11-19 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacktanner (Post 1126020)
Still stuck on suggestions to reinstall nvideo 0.1.1 over and over... Installing from Ovi doesn't help. Should I ping whoever maintains the repositories?

I will post an update to ovi soon with new version and leave the extra as it is which will take care of the problem for sure as long as both doesn't have the same version. In the mean while you just hit ignore button then it won't ask you to update again.

Daneel 2011-11-28 00:49

Really nice application, do you have plans to add support for other video sites like vimeo.com ? :)

1337Ph0B0s 2011-12-19 16:18

I have a question.
How do you search for videos in the nVideo app??
I have not found any path to access the search button or textfield.
Thank you :)

dsawhney 2011-12-19 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337Ph0B0s (Post 1139533)
I have a question.
How do you search for videos in the nVideo app??
I have not found any path to access the search button or textfield.
Thank you :)

Just start typing on the main or any other screen, it even shows search recommendations as you type