maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Lost all of my contacts and messages (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82885)

willybr 2012-03-07 18:09

Lost all of my contacts and messages

I turned my phone off, and when I turned it on all my messages were missing and all of my contacts. And I tried to get my contacts back by syncing them to Nokia, but I doesn't work...

The last thing I was doing was tagging people in gallery, had been tagging like 100 pics, and now every tag is gone :mad:

Anyone experienced the same? Or does someone know how to get them back?

willybr 2012-03-07 18:13

Re: Lost all of my contacts and messages

I can't even add new contacts by adding new manually...

wolke 2012-03-07 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by willybr (Post 1176041)
I turned my phone off, and when I turned it on all my messages were missing and all of my contacts. And I tried to get my contacts back by syncing them to Nokia, but I doesn't work...

The last thing I was doing was tagging people in gallery, had been tagging like 100 pics, and now every tag is gone :mad:

Anyone experienced the same? Or does someone know how to get them back?

relevant files are /home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db and meta.db-wal.

first, back up everything in /home/user/.cache/tracker. then try removing meta.db-wal, and rebooting.

ajalkane 2012-03-07 18:22

I experienced that kind of situation once. I rebooted the phone and everything was back.

Probably best to do as little as possible with the phone when it's at that kind of state.

willybr 2012-03-07 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolke (Post 1176052)
relevant files are /home/user/.cache/tracker/meta.db and meta.db-wal.

first, back up everything in /home/user/.cache/tracker. then try removing meta.db-wal, and rebooting.

I checked it out, but the tracker folder was empty...

Maemomd 2012-03-07 22:53

Happens to me occasionally, reset always works. Post PR1.2 this has been happening, never happened pre 1.2 though. Kind of annoying, yes.

zlatko 2012-04-05 18:10

I also lost all my contacts, messages and call log today after turning off and back on my phone. Restarting it didn't bring contacts back. Where is contacts DB located so I can check if any entries there?

glyph.se 2012-04-10 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlatko (Post 1188518)
I also lost all my contacts, messages and call log today after turning off and back on my phone. Restarting it didn't bring contacts back. Where is contacts DB located so I can check if any entries there?

If I remember correctly it is somewhere in /home/user/.cache/tracker/

zlatko 2012-04-10 12:46

@glyph.se
Thanks! I already restored my contacts from less than a month ago. So only several lost. But messages are all gone. I doubt actual DB is there, but will have a look.

Lumiaman 2012-04-10 14:02

Does the backup on the phone save your contacts?