maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Android (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HELP! N900 goes multiboot deadloop after installing NITDroid (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59566)

bonabest 2010-08-01 19:40

HELP! N900 goes multiboot deadloop after installing NITDroid

Please HELP!!! my N900 goes dead-loop after installing NITDroid.

I followed everything on the NITDroid forum to install android and multiboot my N900.

After I finish the last step and reboot the N900 with keyboard out, there is only one option "1 - NITdroid on MMCp2 - 2.6.28.NIT.05" on multiboot menu. when I select it the N900 seems reboot and after NOKIA logo and some command lines it simply goes back to the same multiboot menu AGAIN.

I tried go back to Maemo by taking battery out and reboot machine with keyboard CLOSED. however, it goes straight to the multiboot menu...

I also tried reboot machine without memory card but still it goes to multiboot menu...

it looks like I made the configuration of multiboot wrong by typo or something... so is there anyway I can fix it, like bypass multiboot menu?

thank you very much in advance...

ToJa92 2010-08-01 19:46

Re: HELP! N900 goes multiboot deadloop after installing NITDroid

Press 0 to boot Maemo. You probably did something wrong if it ain't booting.

Gundogan 2010-08-01 20:04

Maybe next howto's should clearly state the 0 = maemo or introduce a step to copy the maemo item file from examples to the multiboot.d folder, so you have a maemo option in the bootmenu.

Lots of ppl stressing out atm because of this it seems :p

mornage 2010-08-01 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonabest (Post 772346)
Please HELP!!! my N900 goes dead-loop after installing NITDroid.

I followed everything on the NITDroid forum to install android and multiboot my N900.

After I finish the last step and reboot the N900 with keyboard out, there is only one option "1 - NITdroid on MMCp2 - 2.6.28.NIT.05" on multiboot menu. when I select it the N900 seems reboot and after NOKIA logo and some command lines it simply goes back to the same multiboot menu AGAIN.

I tried go back to Maemo by taking battery out and reboot machine with keyboard CLOSED. however, it goes straight to the multiboot menu...

I also tried reboot machine without memory card but still it goes to multiboot menu...

it looks like I made the configuration of multiboot wrong by typo or something... so is there anyway I can fix it, like bypass multiboot menu?

thank you very much in advance...

There is a thread for help with nitdroid that i regually monitor. you could have searched it and you would have found that you can press 0 to boot maemo. If you have trouble post there and i will do my best to help you. I wont help if you post new threads.

bonabest 2010-08-02 00:17

Thank you all very much for all the replies!

Yes now I can boot back to Maemo by pressing "0" in multiboot menu.

but still is there any way, or somewhere I should look at to fix the deadloop problem? cheers~

mlanny 2010-08-02 02:52

It's crazy, I almost reflashed entire device, because there is no clear option for boot back to N900's Maemo.
What an idiotic boot screen. Thanks to this forum I didn't delete my entire OS on the phone (because I had no recent backup, I would lose a lot of data).

superkinggt 2010-08-02 03:26

I got the multiboot menu only once and now my n900 will only boot to the white nokia logo. nothing more. any options? or should I reflash and call it a day?
Thanks

mornage 2010-08-02 07:35

If you post your questions in the correct thread, I will give you answers.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56524

KewIN 2011-04-25 20:11

hi guys please help me. i just installed multiboot but as some one said that if you hit U, you boot maemo. but i just get an error :confused:

Narayan 2011-04-27 10:41

did u instal the gingerbread file or simply installed only the nitroid..?