maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   community council / coding competition banner proposal (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84604)

mr_pingu 2012-05-31 19:52

Re: community council / coding competition banner proposal

I like the last one more than the first one. Have to agree with Helmuth, my best banner would be the 3D blocks + the coding competition text from last logo ;)

qwazix 2012-05-31 22:58

I am more inclined to keep the 3d blocks for the council banner (the 5 blocks represent the 5 members), but if there are more votes for using the 3D blocks for the competition it can be done. Speak up!

Estel 2012-06-01 00:22

qwazix thanks a lot for Council banner - it looks great. If You don't mind, I got other use for it - it will be a "header" for Council announcements in news and Planet Maemo - current one is quite outdated - bit, little ugly, and, honestly, it's just plain Maemo sign ;)

I feel, that there is no need to advertise Council in space used by Community projects (like Coding Competition), so there should be no time/space problems :)

BTW, as for CC banner - personally, I like 2nd very much, and wouldn't add a 3D cube to it. I appreciate work on 1st pixelated proposition, but honestly, it would made me reload page, as I would though that some image haven't loaded/rendered properly ;)

/Estel

misterc 2012-06-01 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwazix (Post 1215712)
I am more inclined to keep the 3d blocks for the council banner (the 5 blocks represent the 5 members), but if there are more votes for using the 3D blocks for the competition it can be done. Speak up!

vote for the 5 cubes as Coding Competition logo

Helmuth 2012-06-01 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwazix (Post 1215712)

Ah, okay. Now I understand the Idea behind the design. Well, then the 5 cubes for the council.

Could it be a good Idea to let the 2D Coding Competition Logo look a little bit more puzzled? Or like a puzzle?
But only if you have enought additional time for this, if not I would say
lets say "thanks a lot" and use it as it is. :)

qwazix 2012-06-01 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1215743)
qwazix thanks a lot for Council banner - it looks great. If You don't mind, I got other use for it - it will be a "header" for Council announcements in news and Planet Maemo - current one is quite outdated - bit, little ugly, and, honestly, it's just plain Maemo sign ;)

I feel, that there is no need to advertise Council in space used by Community projects (like Coding Competition), so there should be no time/space problems :)

BTW, as for CC banner - personally, I like 2nd very much, and wouldn't add a 3D cube to it. I appreciate work on 1st pixelated proposition, but honestly, it would made me reload page, as I would though that some image haven't loaded/rendered properly ;)

/Estel

Indeed the pixelated logo does not look as good as I imagined it. And when I posted it here and saw it in context I realised that it doesn't convey the message correctly and that's why I rushed to make another one.

Feel free to use the council banner wherever you see fit. I can modify it to fit other aspect ratios, and of course I can share the sources (.svg, made with inkscape. - I love that piece of software)

@misterc

Very pythiac answer...

I read it how I wanted of course and CC is Community Council :)
or is it coding competition?

sifo 2012-06-01 08:29

@qwazix

really nice !
what about adding a poll ? :D

Tofe 2012-06-01 08:35

I like the 3D cube too !

woody14619 2012-06-02 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwazix (Post 1215604)
Attachment 26680

or maybe a less retro design...

You'll note the banner is up now. Thanks to Qwazix for donating the time and effort to make the new logo, and to everyone involved in keeping the wiki and TMO thread up to date. Also, many thanks to Reggie for the quick response to the request from Council.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the cool new things coming out of this. :)