maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Very off topic but... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83980)

ssjmec 2012-04-30 04:15

Very off topic but...

Okay sorry I know this is very off topic but I cant find anyone that have a same problem as me.

So my friend has a .iso installer of a game, I asked a copy from him for me to insall it. I am getting a CRC failed error and says the file is corrupt. Thinking the file may just indeed be corrupt, I asked him to recopy but still no joy. For n times we did it and still the same result. Then I tried to install it (the same file I am trying to install) to my other friend's laptop and it gave him no CRC failed error. How is this possible? Anyone of you experienced/have fixed this? We all have win7..

geneven 2012-04-30 05:04

Re: Very off topic but...

May there is some resource such as disk space or memory that you are running out of when you try to install?

ssjmec 2012-04-30 07:36

Regarding disk space, I have more than what's needed. For memory I have 8GB and I dont think I may be out of it because nothing is running besides the setup....

visN900 2012-04-30 07:40

did u try that same copy in your firends computer(the one who gave it to u)

ssjmec 2012-04-30 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by visN900 (Post 1199360)
did u try that same copy in your firends computer(the one who gave it to u)

Yup. Lets say there is computer A (My friend A's computer) computer B(my other friend B's Computer) and Computer C ( My computer) The very same file that is working on them both, is not working on me (giving me CRC failed errors). And based on googling, they said CRC is a corrupt file error. But how come its corrupted if its working on them? :confused:

BTW the setup.exe is in a .iso file

pelago 2012-04-30 09:02

Sounds like you have a problem with your hard disk.

gerbick 2012-04-30 09:15

Seriously stupid question... is this file over 4gb in size? And is your target FAT (16 or 32) formatted?

szopin 2012-04-30 18:04

> So my friend has a .iso installer of a game

By that do you mean .iso image of a disc? Maybe the PC A and B you're trying it on have different prog for mounting those installed vs PC C (or C got older version and .iso was prepared with newer)?

MINKIN2 2012-04-30 18:34

Can you not just burn it on to a disc?

ssjmec 2012-05-01 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1199387)
Seriously stupid question... is this file over 4gb in size? And is your target FAT (16 or 32) formatted?

I am aware that Fat32 is only capable of storing a single file not greater than 4gb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1199606)
> So my friend has a .iso installer of a game

By that do you mean .iso image of a disc? Maybe the PC A and B you're trying it on have different prog for mounting those installed vs PC C (or C got older version and .iso was prepared with newer)?

the setup.exe is in a .iso, so I am extracting the setup via 7zip. I also tried the same program to just mount (daemon tool lite)