maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SOLVED] Opera mobile freezes (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82282)

bennypr0fane 2012-02-12 13:37

[SOLVED] Opera mobile freezes

Hello,
My Opera Mobile freezes and ceases to respond after a few seconds of browsing, 20 secs tops.
I have CSSU testing, with power kernel 49 (which reportedly makes Opera flicker, but not freeze), but it also happened with 48.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ben

bennypr0fane 2012-05-05 13:09

Re: Opera mobile freezes

solution:
I was kindly advised from a helpful OM developer:
delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera

michaaa62 2012-05-05 20:52

Re: [SOLVED] Opera mobile freezes

Thanks for posting this helpful bit here!
I was kind of doubting the performance of my phone, but now opera is flying again!

D@vIcHoJD 2012-05-06 04:41

Sorry which is the directory? Your say "delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera" it is only .opera, or other folder.

And that more help erase this folder does not alter the operation of opera, history and others. Thanks in advance.:D:D

bennypr0fane 2012-05-06 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD (Post 1202437)
Sorry which is the directory? Your say "delete the OM profile directory: /home/user/.opera" it is only .opera, or other folder.

/home/user/.opera

just the one directory needs to be deleted.

Quote:

And that more help erase this folder does not alter the operation of opera, history and others. Thanks in advance.:D:D
:confused:
Not following. Could you rephrase your question? I'm just not sure what you mean..

bennypr0fane 2012-05-06 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaaa62 (Post 1202340)
Thanks for posting this helpful bit here!
I was kind of doubting the performance of my phone, but now opera is flying again!

Glad it was useful to you. Since I never got a response ever, neither here nor in Opera or Nokia support forums, I thought no one else had this issue...

michaaa62 2012-05-07 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane (Post 1202752)
Glad it was useful to you. Since I never got a response ever, neither here nor in Opera or Nokia support forums, I thought no one else had this issue...

Just as i now really read the date of your first post, ehem... :o
! might either not read this thread or must have been under the impression, to be not 'in the same boat', simply not aware of opera issues at that time in my phone...

ToJa92 2012-05-07 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD (Post 1202437)

I'm pretty sure that folder contains all your history and so on. You could use Opera Link, IIRC it at least saves your bookmarks.

bennypr0fane 2012-05-07 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToJa92 (Post 1202855)
I'm pretty sure that folder contains all your history and so on. You could use Opera Link, IIRC it at least saves your bookmarks.

Yes it does contain all that, passwords, speed dial, all personal settings, so those are going to be lost.
Opera Link can save logins/passwords, bookmarks, speed dial, search engines, blocked contents, notes and adresses you typed.... so that saved me having to do a lenghty backup before deleting the folder.