maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87757)

CommunityCouncil 2012-11-07 17:00

[Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
Minutes for first Hildon Foundation Board meeting.VoIP meeting held on Google Hangout.Attending:- Randall Arnold / texrat- Tim Samoff / timsamoff- Ivan Galvez / ivgalvez- Robert Bauer/ SD69- Craig Woodward (intermittent) / woody14619

Hildon Foundation, Meeting 1 - November 3, 2012
====================================

+ Note:
- Technical Issues persisted via Google Hangout: only Randy, Ivan and
Tim had voice capability. Others participated via chat.

+ Public Meeting Minutes?
- Tim: Yes
- Randy: Some private; some public
- Ivan: Are they required?
- Rob: n/a
- Craig: They should be public, with exceptions of critical
information/NDA.

+ Bylaws, version 7
- Bylaws unanimously approved by all Board members.

+ Board Officers
- Chair: Randall Arnold
- Secretary: Robert Bauer
- Treasurer: Currently, Tim Samoff
> Proposed to ask Cosimo Kroll/zehjotkah to occupy this role.
~ Cosimo has agreed to take the position and *will be appointed
at the next Board meeting.)

+ Bank account?
- Find out about bank account (ask Niel Nielsen/nieldk).

+ Meeting schedule
- VoiP every two weeks?
- IRC meetings (Board Business) every two weeks & VoiP meetings
(Official Board Meetings) monthly?
- Will schedule regular meetings on Google Calendar (which will also
create a permanent Hangout for the Board).

+ Transitioning tasks from Council to Board. Separation of current
tasks.
- Ensure Council remains communication conduit for community.
- Board organizes operational decisions.
- Board needs an official statement for Board responsibility with
community.
> Ask Craig Woodward about maemo.org channel(s) of Board
communication.
~ After the meeting, Ivan asked X-Fade to set up the same
mechanism that Council is using for communication. In the
meantime, Council account can be used.

+ Funding activities:
- Nothing to report at this time.

+ Private session concerning some NDA-protected issues (recorded
elsewhere).

+ Infrastructure problems:
- To be discussed via email.

+ Meeting concluded.





Link: Original article.

lma 2012-11-07 17:17

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil (Post 1291525)
+ Bylaws, version 7
- Bylaws unanimously approved by all Board members.

+ Board Officers
- Chair: Randall Arnold
- Secretary: Robert Bauer
- Treasurer: Currently, Tim Samoff
> Proposed to ask Cosimo Kroll/zehjotkah to occupy this role.
~ Cosimo has agreed to take the position and *will be appointed
at the next Board meeting.)

Uhm, aren't the bylaws explicit that the secretary and treasurer must be directors?

ivgalvez 2012-11-07 18:19

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
No, any member of the community can occupy these positions if appointed by the Board. Maybe the wording is not clear enough?

lma 2012-11-07 20:42

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivgalvez (Post 1291546)
No, any member of the community can occupy these positions if appointed by the Board. Maybe the wording is not clear enough?

The wording seems clear to me, except it says the complete opposite: "The (Chair|Secretary|Treasurer) shall be a Director selected by, and holding the office for the same term as, the Directors, subject to removal by the Board whenever in its judgment the best interests of the Foundation will be served thereby".

misterc 2012-11-07 20:55

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
i remember a discussion probably on the by-laws thread where (most likely) Woody explained that those accessory functions could even be "hired in".
but maybe it was revised out... :confused:

thedead1440 2012-11-08 04:48

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
Dear Board,

Maybe you have any info on the current problems with garage?

ivgalvez 2012-11-08 14:33

Re: [Council] Board minutes for meeting on November 3rd, 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1291675)
Dear Board,

Maybe you have any info on the current problems with garage?

I'm on it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:29.

vBulletin® Version 3.8.8