maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] ClipMan - Clipboard Manager (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72835)

helex 2011-05-06 18:29

[Announce] ClipMan - Clipboard Manager

ClipMan is a small but powerful Clipboard Manager for your N900, N9, N950 and MeeGo Tablet.

Nokia N900:

https://sites.google.com/site/helexm...ipman/Main.png
https://sites.google.com/site/helexm...ipman/Item.png

Nokia N9 / N950:

https://sites.google.com/site/helexm...0.1.3_Main.png

MeeGo Tablet:

https://sites.google.com/site/helexm...Screenshot.png

This application stores, if currently running, all text based clipboard content in a small database. You're able to scroll thru the list, see the history and you're anytime able to put something back to the clipboard to use it again.

If you’re working on a bigger document, on the command line or if you’re dealing with some script or python sourcecode, you should keep running THIS Application in the backround. You have not to think about, if you still have something in the clipboard that could be useful in the future or not.
If you finished your current project you're able to empty the Database and clear all collected Data to ensure a fast Clipboard Manager and to protect your own privacy.

You can find it currently at Maemo Extras (Nokia N900), the Nokia OVI Store (Nokia N9 and N950) or at Intels AppUp Store for MeeGo tablet.
Enjoy but as always at your own risk. :)

If you test the beta version from Maemo-Extras the usual warning applies:
Quote:

The software hosted in extras-devel is not ready for normal users!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't play with it unless you really know what you are doing. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.
Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!

Don't play with Extras-devel if you haven't backed up your data or aren't prepared to re-flash your device.
This Application is now in a very stable stage and it works so far without big problems. But still, don't forget to create a backup (just in case). I only want to share my little application and hope it will break noting that is important for you. But I'm very confident and hope for a lot of positive feedback! :)

If you're unsure please use the stable version of this Application from extras. This version should work very save. And don't forget to vote for the version at extra-testing! ;)

Tiboric 2011-05-06 19:29

Re: [Announce] ClipMan - Clipboard Manager [ALPHA PREVIEW]

Looks good, this would be killer if you ran a deamon on startup to capture the clipboards, and had a power menu shortcut to start clipman when your in need of some text to recopy.

will download and give some feed back soon
Thanks alot

MyNokiaN900 2011-05-06 19:57

I'll be happy to test. Nice idea. I use this feature a lot on my PC. Great work!

MyNokiaN900 2011-05-06 20:39

Helex,

It's good, and definitely worth a donation, which I will get to you as soon as possible.

What is the text box at the bottom for?

Why would you want or allow a person to tap the button on the right if there was nothing in the clipboard? I noticed when I clicked it it added a EMPTY save.

Is there a way of removing a clip from the list? (e.g. the EMPTY save).

I think the icon doesn't really mean anything. What is it? :confused:

I can see this being very useful for recording web urls that I visit and rather than bookmark them immediately, save them in the clipboard manager... that is one use I can definitely see already.

Mike

helex 2011-05-06 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiboric (Post 1001339)
Looks good, this would be killer if you ran a deamon on startup to capture the clipboards, and had a power menu shortcut to start clipman when your in need of some text to recopy.

Yes, you're right. This was my initial Idea, too. (expect the power menu shortcut - good hint)
But I currently don't know how to create a background daemon and I don't have any experience how much load would this application cause. The current way how it works is much safer. If you don't need it simply don't start it. :)
I will try to investigate how a daemon could be possible for my small tool. But first I have several other stuff on my to-do-list. :)
Stay tuned! ;)

helex 2011-05-06 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 (Post 1001352)
I'll be happy to test. Nice idea. I use this feature a lot on my PC. Great work!

Thanks! I'm using ditto on my PC. Unintelligible why something like that is not integrated in the system directly. The "Office Clipboard" is a strange pice of [...] - okay, the end of my english knowledge. Indescribable what defective Ideas some big companies have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 (Post 1001371)
It's good, and definitely worth a donation, which I will get to you as soon as possible.

Always welcome! :)

Could never compensate all the time and work that is needed to learn a programming language and to create such a Application. But it is a very good kind of motivation to keep going and a sign that I'm creating something really useful for to community.

Quote:

What is the text box at the bottom for?

It shows the content of the element you have selected at the list from the top. In the list you have only a preview. If the text is to long you need the text box at the bottom.

Additionally you're able to select a specific part or edit the text before you copy it again to the clipboard using [CTRL]+[C]
Normally you have only to press the button at the right to put the clip to the clipboard without changes. But sometimes you have selected simply to much. (from a webpage at example)

Quote:

Why would you want or allow a person to tap the button on the right if there was nothing in the clipboard?

It's currently simply not checked if it makes sense to press the button or not. But it doesn't break anything to press it if the list is empty.

Quote:

I noticed when I clicked it it added a EMPTY save.

The Application adds at the startup the current content from the clipboard to the list. If the clipboard is currently empty it adds a EMPTY to the list. I will fix this later. :)

Quote:

Is there a way of removing a clip from the list? (e.g. the EMPTY save).

At the moment it's only possible to erase the whole content from the database.

I'm not sure if I add the possibility to delete single items or the possibility to protect several items and erase the whole list except the protected items. I'm currently not sure... :confused:

Quote:

I think the icon doesn't really mean anything. What is it? :confused:

Thats two arrows pointing in different directions... something to "share" or to "exchange"...

I used google images to find something that could inspire me to a meaningful icon and additionally something that I'm able to draw myself... ;)

A hard task for me. And the icon should fit to future features I have currently in my mind. But suggestions are welcome! :)

Quote:

I can see this being very useful for recording web urls that I visit and rather than bookmark them immediately, save them in the clipboard manager... that is one use I can definitely see already.

I had sometimes the case that I have copied a link or a text to the clipboard and my N900 ran out of battery... (also a pain)

J4ZZ 2011-05-07 16:06

Finally a so damn wanted clipboard manager. Endlich, die Rettung für mein ständiges copy & paste!

Edit:
Code:

Selecting previously deselected package clipman.
(Reading database ... 58685 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking clipman (from .../clipman_0.0.3-1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke 'if [ -x /usr/sbin/docpurge ]; then /usr/sbin/docpurge; else exit 0; fi'
E: Sub-process returned an error code
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

J4ZZ 2011-05-07 22:00

Nevermind, fixed by a reboot.

:cheers:

J4ZZ

helex 2011-05-08 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ZZ (Post 1001751)
Finally a so damn wanted clipboard manager. Endlich, die Rettung für mein ständiges copy & paste!

Glad to find someone with the same needings. I hope this first release helps a bit. :)
Suggestions how to improve it are welcome...

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ZZ (Post 1001847)
Nevermind, fixed by a reboot.

Good to hear. I had no idea, never seen this error before: "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"
Good that a reboot fixed it. :) Hope it works now fine...

helex 2011-05-11 19:24

Quote:

WOW! Thanks a lot for your Donation. :)

I made a small update with the wanted feature to remove a single clip from the list and several other minor and major bugfixes.
It doesn't ask. I thought it could get too annoying while you clean up your Clipboard List. So please use the wastebin button at your own risk if you want to store important data in this application. ;)

https://garage.maemo.org/docman/view...67/ClipMan.png

The additional button below the wastebin is currently not working. It's for a feature I'm currently planing to develop. (together with the daemon)
So stay tuned... :)

WhiteWolf 2011-05-12 12:02

Thanks, it's GREAT

ric9K 2011-05-25 07:49

Installed.
Great!
I have been whishing and missing so an app since so long!
If I could, I'd suggest 2-3 things:

1. Clipman could(should, IMHO) also grab all the selected text to get rid of the "ctrl-c/copy" action.
2. Shortcut valid for every app which pops-up a menu with the last copied items
3. The point 2 would then allow no need to have an constantly opened clipman window. This window, the main clipman window, could then be accessible with another shortcut or via the settings screen.

Thanks a lot for this essential part of a so meritating name GUI.

helex 2011-05-25 22:16

Thanks a lot for all your positive feedback! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric9K (Post 1014929)
I have been whishing and missing so an app since so long!
If I could, I'd suggest 2-3 things:

1. Clipman could(should, IMHO) also grab all the selected text to get rid of the "ctrl-c/copy" action.

Hmm... I don't know if this is a good idea. And sadly I have moreover no clue how to monitor text selections at other applications. :confused:
So perhaps this is not a realizable feature. Sorry.

Quote:

2. Shortcut valid for every app which pops-up a menu with the last copied items

Good Idea. Hmm... perhaps you could check in the meantime the Application Quick Launch if this could do the trick for you without using the keyboard.
If you run ClipMan after you have copied something to the clipboard it get's also grabbed and stored. So perhaps this could work very handy.

Quote:

3. The point 2 would then allow no need to have an constantly opened clipman window. This window, the main clipman window, could then be accessible with another shortcut or via the settings screen.

A feature to keep this thing running without constantly opened clipman window is planned. I hope to get something like this working soon.

But first I would like to port the current state of this application to MeeGo and then continue to develop ClipMan across Maemo N900 and MeeGo Handset / Tablet at the same time. I guess I will have some more troubles because of the differences between Maemo and MeeGo targets as soon as I've integrated such a background daemon. So I would like to port this application as long as it is as simple as currently.
My plans regarding MeeGo are currently in a very early state. I've troubles to setup a consistent developing environment for all three targets. So please don't count on this feature within the next weeks. But this feature is planned. Don't worry. :)

Until I have a simple solution for this I'm following a small learning project to prepare myself to develop a small game. So the development of ClipMan gets slowed down a bit...

If you're able to give me some spare time, donations are welcome. ;)

ric9K 2011-05-26 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1015568)

Hmm... I don't know if this is a good idea. And sadly I have moreover no clue how to monitor text selections at other applications. :confused:
So perhaps this is not a realizable feature. Sorry.

Hi,
Sorry if I sholw insistant but with my bad english I just want to be sure... An example:
Under KDE, you just select some text anywhere and middle click to paste it somewhere else. Very handy and easy.
If you need an older selection, click the Kliper icon to pick it up.

I'd say that text selections are managed by the GUI.

Best regards

helex 2011-05-26 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric9K (Post 1015739)
Under KDE, you just select some text anywhere and middle click to paste it somewhere else. Very handy and easy.
If you need an older selection, click the Kliper icon to pick it up.

I'd say that text selections are managed by the GUI.

Yes, but sadly I would have to replace a part at the GUI system core. And I guess this is not possible for a small application. And perhaps it would break a lot of other stuff.

There are mainly 2 GUI systems at maemo N900. GTK and Qt. I would have to replace at both the Library that manages text inputs. And if I would get this working there would be still applications, like Opera, with their own Text Input fields... :confused:

So, no. Sorry. For the Clipboard there is a API to listen in the background. But for Textinputfields I haven't seen something like that before.

elipsoid 2011-05-26 22:03

helex, killer app... After using this for the last few hours I realise that I have been craving something like this and never realised, this is just so damn useful!

What would be really cool is if you didn't have to switch windows to use the manager, instead enable some hotkey that allowed you to paste in sequentially from the list stored in the manager, something like repeatedly hitting cntrl-v until you hit what you wanted from the list, then click on the screen to un-highlight and continue?

helex 2011-05-30 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by elipsoid (Post 1016334)
helex, killer app... After using this for the last few hours I realise that I have been craving something like this and never realised, this is just so damn useful!

Thanks a lot! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elipsoid (Post 1016334)
What would be really cool is if you didn't have to switch windows to use the manager, instead enable some hotkey that allowed you to paste in sequentially from the list stored in the manager, something like repeatedly hitting cntrl-v until you hit what you wanted from the list, then click on the screen to un-highlight and continue?

Good Idea. Will think about it how this could work. :)

Perhaps Control 1-9 to past from the first 9 clipboard slots without a confirming dialog?
Are they used for anything else?

But don't hold your breath. It will took some additional weeks.... (or months) ;)
I want to implement some other features before.

I have currently the Idea to place a additional Button at the Power-Menu (the Buttons you see if you press the Power Button once) to get to the ClipMan window.
But first I need to separate my code into two pieces to get it working in the background without a running application window. Not that easy for me. This is aggravated by the fact that I want to get this running at MeeGo, too. And this is a different story...
So I will try to keep it at the moment as easy as possible. I wan't to get it running at MeeGo first before I begin with more complicated features. :)

I will try to release a new version with minor changes soon. Have only to fix some stuff...

So, stay tuned but be patient! :)

helex 2011-05-30 22:31

I promoted the latest ClipMan package to Extra-Testing. Please don't forget to vote if it works without problems at your device! :)

demolition 2011-05-30 23:41

First impreesions are good. Easy to use, clipboard manager for text items. Also, allows editing of items (copied text) befoee pasting. The items persist so long as s/w is running the source doc can be closed, which may well free up working memory for device.
---
From Testing:

The software copies and pastes sucessfully. Text is automatically placed in a list of text items when ctrl+C or ctrl +X is pressed. Items can be pasted to any text-accepting space by the standard ctrl+V (probably by using Paste in a menue too, but not tried yet) .

The only way to remove items from the list (at the moment) is all at once.

Perhaps button with the two arrows (like the s/w icon) could be altered for a tick or something. Its purpose is to activate the item in the list as the item to be pasted.

It would be good if there were an obvious scroller in the text-box. It only scrolls with the cursor keys, not a mouse/stylus.

It is not always intuitive whether the text-box or list has focus. Perhaps highlight list item with a different colour when working text box?
---
I haven't used enough to know if it has any memory leaks or other bugs. I'll report back if I find, otherwise I'll give it my vote once I've used it a bit more. Nice one.

jakiman 2011-05-31 01:06

This app is AWESOME. I really wanted an app like this as I do a lot of copy/paste on my N900 while posting on forums/blogs etc. Does exactly what I want it to do. Thank you for such a great app!!

helex 2011-05-31 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1019015)
The only way to remove items from the list (at the moment) is all at once.

Are you running the latest version 0.0.5-2 from extra-testing?
Perhaps you should update and try it again.

You're currently able to delete all items at once and single items, too. Simply select a item from the List at the top and press the trash can Button. :)

Quote:

It would be good if there were an obvious scroller in the text-box. It only scrolls with the cursor keys, not a mouse/stylus.

It is going conform with the maemo design guidelines. You don't need the cursor keys (I must admit, I haven't tested it using the cursor keys myself) ;)
As soon as the list is long enought you can always scroll thru the list using a swipe gestue. To select a Item simply tap it. :)

Quote:

It is not always intuitive whether the text-box or list has focus. Perhaps highlight list item with a different colour when working text box?

Hmm... there is a cursor as soon as the text-box has the focus. But I'm sure. If you stop using the cursor keys to scroll thru the item list you won't need to see which has the focus. The N900 has anyway no tab button.

Quote:

I haven't used enough to know if it has any memory leaks or other bugs. I'll report back if I find, otherwise I'll give it my vote once I've used it a bit more. Nice one.

Tanks, and regarding your comment at the Voting Page:
Quote:

Good little programme (probably not little if you've made it youself).
My applications are always selfmade! :)
Otherwise I wouldn't publish those. So if everything works don't forget to vote. :) And if you like my work, don't forget to test the Donate button. It's the best way to motivate me to deliver more. ;)

helex 2011-05-31 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 1019042)
This app is AWESOME. I really wanted an app like this as I do a lot of copy/paste on my N900 while posting on forums/blogs etc. Does exactly what I want it to do. Thank you for such a great app!!

Thanks a lot! :) Don't forget to vote if it works without problems. :)
I have new features in the pipline. But first I want to promote a stable version to the normal extras repository. And don't forget to test the motivation (donate) button, too. ;)

demolition 2011-05-31 14:52

Testing notes were a bit brief and so not as clear as they could have been...
Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1019219)
Are you running the latest version 0.0.5-2 from extra-testing?
Perhaps you should update and try it again.

Yes, v0.0.5-2, from extras-testing.

Quote:

You're currently able to delete all items at once and single items, too. Simply select a item from the List at the top and press the trash can Button. :)
My bad. Obvious really.

Quote:

It is going conform with the maemo design guidelines. You don't need the cursor keys (I must admit, I haven't tested it using the cursor keys myself) ;)
As soon as the list is long enought you can always scroll thru the list using a swipe gestue. To select a Item simply tap it. :)
What I meant was a it would be good to have a scroll bar at the side of the text box, not the list, so the text can be browsed without putting the cursor in the textbox and then pressing the down-arrow.

Quote:

Hmm... there is a cursor as soon as the text-box has the focus. But I'm sure. If you stop using the cursor keys to scroll thru the item list you won't need to see which has the focus. The N900 has anyway no tab button.
Perhaps ctrl+left/right to switch focus, like on a webpage? Just a thought.
As to my comment about colours - I meant something like a ?blue border round the textbox when it has focus and dull the highlight colour in the list; the remove border and revert to bright highlight when list has focus. Again, just a thought.

Quote:

My applications are always selfmade! :)
Otherwise I wouldn't publish those. So if everything works don't forget to vote
What I meant was even if a piece of software appears small, I know from peronal experience that it always takes a lot of effort to get off the ground. Good job.
Got my vote.

casper27 2011-05-31 15:33

Great App, as with most great apps you never knew you really needed it till you start using it more and more.
Have voted accordingly.

demolition 2011-05-31 19:35

Don't know whether it's a bug or by design: when removing a copied item from the list, the selected item becomes the item at the top of the list rather than one of the items directly before/after the one removed. Is that the desired functionality? If deleting a load of items, might it be best to keep the select-highlighter close to the item being removed?

I now have this as a desktop shortcut because found myself using it all the time. Surely Clipman is going to be on the "must have" list for everyone! And, just noticed - if you start it and there's something on the clipboard, it puts it on the list. And if you pretend it's not on, one can just copy and paste as usual! Clever!
- it acts like a daemon you can actually control!

MyNokiaN900 2011-05-31 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper27 (Post 1019489)
Great App, as with most great apps you never knew you really needed it till you start using it more and more.
Have voted accordingly.

On the voting page, no votes allowed until I register again. I am finding it's asking me to register again... when I registered again and went back to the voting screen, it asked me to enter in my username and passoword... I tried the newly created username and password (didn't work) and then my default Maemo.org username and password (didn't work either).... :confused:

helex 2011-05-31 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1019449)
What I meant was a it would be good to have a scroll bar at the side of the text box, not the list, so the text can be browsed without putting the cursor in the textbox and then pressing the down-arrow.

Aaah! Now I got it... :)
Hm, yes. You're right. I use anyway the keyboard if I need to select text within this text. But I will try to fix soon. I got it now at my to-do-list. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1019449)
Perhaps ctrl+left/right to switch focus, like on a webpage? Just a thought.
As to my comment about colours - I meant something like a ?blue border round the textbox when it has focus and dull the highlight colour in the list; the remove border and revert to bright highlight when list has focus. Again, just a thought.

Hmm... there should be a key combination to switch the focus. But CTRL+I doesn't work despite it puts TABs inside the text box... hmm... is there a combination to switch the focus at other applications?
And I have installed the matrix theme at my device. I have a green border around my textbox as soon as it gets the focus. Doesn't you aldready have a blue border there as soon as you tap it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1019675)
Don't know whether it's a bug or by design: when removing a copied item from the list, the selected item becomes the item at the top of the list rather than one of the items directly before/after the one removed. Is that the desired functionality? If deleting a load of items, might it be best to keep the select-highlighter close to the item being removed?

Oh, yes. If a item is deleted it simply reloads the list and by default the cursor is at the first item. Will put this on my to-do-list. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1019675)
I now have this as a desktop shortcut because found myself using it all the time. Surely Clipman is going to be on the "must have" list for everyone! And, just noticed - if you start it and there's something on the clipboard, it puts it on the list. And if you pretend it's not on, one can just copy and paste as usual! Clever!
- it acts like a daemon you can actually control!

Thanks a lot! :)
I'm using the Quick Launch Plugin to reach fast my ClipMan application. Perhaps you could try it this way, too.

helex 2011-05-31 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper27 (Post 1019489)
Have voted accordingly.

Great feedback! Thanks! :)
Please remember this application in about 5 weeks. I will participate at the maemo/MeeGo Coding Competition 2011. So a vote there as soon as the voting begins would be nice, too. :)

helex 2011-05-31 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 (Post 1019709)
On the voting page, no votes allowed until I register again. I am finding it's asking me to register again... when I registered again and went back to the voting screen, it asked me to enter in my username and passoword... I tried the newly created username and password (didn't work) and then my default Maemo.org username and password (didn't work either).... :confused:

Hm, thats strange. Please ensure you're using a garage.maemo.org account for the voting. It's very confusing... I know. I hope this will get fixed with MeeGo... :)

helex 2011-06-01 11:58

Wow! Got a donation this night. Thanks a lot! You know who you are. :)

Because of that I would like to share a small update about the progress of ClipMan:
I'm currently using my vacation to continue this project. But because of my MeeGo plans it's going very slowly, and I need now to create my own view model because of my last implemented feature. It's currently a pain to get this working and I guess I have to learn some more C++/Qt backgrounds first. But this project will benefit from this learning. I'm sure. :)

Please don't forget to vote. As soon as I got this stable release into extras I'm able to publish more experimental packages to extra-devel as a preview of further features. :)

demolition 2011-06-01 13:09

First, apologies: I thought all along I was running v0.0.5 but in fact until this morning I only had v0.0.4 installed. Sorry, mind it was pretty good as a prototype!

To prevent others performing the same version error - it might be good to update the icon on the package page, so it's clear.

@ users/testers: incase your repos haven't updated - v0.0.4 's icon is two arrows (like the select button), v0.0.5 's icon looks an oversized copy icon from your word processor!

Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1019732)
Hmm... there should be a key combination to switch the focus. But CTRL+I doesn't work despite it puts TABs inside the text box...
hmm... is there a combination to switch the focus at other applications?

Think people have asked around for something equivalent to alt+tab in windows. Not sure what the outcome is/was. Guess not much b/c haven't seen an 'annouce' for it but I don't notice everything!
I was referring to focus of different parts of the Clipman UI, not switching between running programmes. Ctrl+I acts like tab, when in the text box, which is nice. It might be an idea to have a note of such shortcuts when pressing the 'info' button.

Quote:

And I have installed the matrix theme at my device. I have a green border around my textbox as soon as it gets the focus. Doesn't you aldready have a blue border there as soon as you tap it?
I have the basic theme running so highlighted items are blue for me. Is there a way to make the highlighting line ever so slightly wider to make it more obvious? This is just nitpicking so don't worry too much.

Quote:

I'm using the Quick Launch Plugin to reach fast my ClipMan application. Perhaps you could try it this way, too.
A desktop shortcut's fine for me. Also, my Quick Launch toolbar is full.

There are no glaring bugs, even if a few things don't work as one might first expect. I can safely say the later version also works very well and from a quick look at Conky, nothing seems untoward. Is ther an on-device debugger you can recommend? I can hook it to the Clipman 'process' to check things further if you like?

However, all software can be extended and made to do more but getting programmes released and visible is what counts, otherwise one ends up spending ages tweeking and polishing with nothing to show for it.

If no dbg testing is required/desired, all I will conclude bby saying....
This version (0.0.5-2) is, in my very humble opinion, safe and functional enough to make it to extras.
Good job helex.

helex 2011-06-24 10:46

I pushed the latest version to extra-devel.
  • you're now able to write protect a clip. (they will persists now if you empty the database)
  • apart from that I included several invisible fixes regarding MeeGo ;)

http://competition.meetmeego.org/sys...png?1308911892

Please test if everything works fine. And don't forget to vote for the old package in extra-testing!

helex 2011-06-27 23:40

Only 4 votes to go!

helex 2011-06-28 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1020163)
A desktop shortcut's fine for me. Also, my Quick Launch toolbar is full.

Because of this I'm using Conky Layout Switcher. ;)

But I don't know if you have Conky in your Quick Launch toolbar... :)

helex 2011-07-20 21:02

Re: [Announce] ClipMan - Clipboard Manager

Feedback wanted:
If someone is interested, the MeeGo version for the Nokia N950 / N9 will look very similar to this: (still need to make some layout changes and adaptations)

http://mcc.base45.de/system/images/1...png?1311194602

http://mcc.base45.de/system/images/1...png?1311195665

This is the version for the MeeGo ExoPC (tablet). Brave testers are able to download the binary here.

I still have some QML related issues with the white text box. I hope I'm able to improve keyboardless handling within the next weeks... apart from that the QML version works quite well. :)

jakiman 2011-07-20 22:32

Awesome. I'll be installing this as soon as I get my N9 which will be in about 2 weeks. =)

helex 2011-07-21 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 1055089)
Awesome. I'll be installing this as soon as I get my N9 which will be in about 2 weeks. =)

N9 within 2 weeks? Where could I get mine? :D

The N950 build is not ready yet. I'm fighting currently with a bug at Harmattan regarding the Clipboard - I reported it, but so far no answer from Nokia.

I have now finished a workaround. But it drains the battery a little bit and I currently hope for a proper fix from Nokia. :)

jakiman 2011-07-21 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1055668)
N9 within 2 weeks? Where could I get mine? :D

Only if you know someone in a good position within Nokia. :D
But yeah. I'm willing to test your Clipman once I get my N9.

MeeGoExperts 2011-07-21 23:54

Well done. Im sure lots of people from the N950 developers will start testing this one :-)

helex 2011-07-22 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 1055770)
Only if you know someone in a good position within Nokia. :D

Isn't it enought to know you? :) I'm sure I could make good use of it! :D
Perhaps you should show your friend this thread... and please the 64GB version in black. I got already a idea for a other project... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 1055770)
But yeah. I'm willing to test your Clipman once I get my N9.

I hope I will have my Harmattan build ready by then. Still waiting for a answer regarding my Bug Report against the QClipboard library. Otherwise I will publish it with my small workaround. :)