maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Goodbye (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=98458)

uros 2016-12-02 10:20

Goodbye

and thanks for all the fish.
Must switch to some Lenovo crap because of the company policy and mandatory Skype support.

This was a joyride with Meego and N9 masterpiece.

If anybody in Belgrade, or Serbia wants my device for any purpose, send me DM.

pichlo 2016-12-02 10:43

Re: Goodbye

Having to use an approved device for work does not mean you cannot use a different one for personal use.

(FWIW, I use Jolla for both but I made it clear to my boss that there is no way to contact me by Skype when I am not at the office or on my PC working from home. He tried WhatsApp but I told him that was even less likely :))

peterleinchen 2016-12-02 10:48

Sorry to hear that.
But think about keeping that 'masterpiece' and use it for private concerns only? (thereby no reason to say good bye)

Veraendert 2016-12-02 11:45

Lenovo and Android means there's not only one, but two system backups around. None of which was triggered by the owner.

mosen 2016-12-02 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1519818)
(FWIW, I use Jolla for both but I made it clear to my boss that there is no way to contact me by Skype when I am not at the office or on my PC working from home. He tried WhatsApp but I told him that was even less likely :))

Courage! True courage in the not Apple newspeak way i mean ;)

uros 2016-12-02 12:46

Tnx people and this is for true The Best Community all over.

Anyway its a shame to keep The_Great_N9 as secondary device, and I don`t have any need for two phones.

If anybody wants my old N9 - send me a DM, and we will find a way.

lenovo k5 is a unwilling successor, blah...

prosper 2016-12-05 21:16

The Force was not strong enough in you ; )

If ever any alien archaeologists will dig to uncover my grave, they will find all of my N9's lying by my side. They will be surely impressed by the technological development of our species. Who knows, maybe they will take me for a tech-savvy king ; )

ibrakalifa 2016-12-06 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by prosper (Post 1520065)

If ever any alien archaeologists will dig to uncover my grave, they will find all of my N9's lying by my side. They will be surely impressed by the technological development of our species. Who knows, maybe they will take me for a tech-savvy king ; )

Alien for alien then, nice one!!

ste-phan 2016-12-06 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by prosper (Post 1520065)

Just make sure your grave has the necessary hieroglyphs to explain the rise and fall of Nokia and how this ultimately led to an orwelian world order and end of human race.. and most importantly the difference between N9 and the look alike Lumia 800 wich you wouldn't want to be found amongst dead or alive. :D

chenliangchen 2016-12-06 14:48

Why not just keep that N9, the Lenovo may break one day or you just want to use MeeGo again for no reason (occured to me a few times) so at least you have a backup.

And please visit back as well. You can just vote or participating camera phone competition, with your Lenovo.