maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [Request/Idea] enable "secure device" lock based on wifi network (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71814)

dave1010 2011-04-04 21:01

[Request/Idea] enable "secure device" lock based on wifi network

Update: laasonen has made a program to do this! See this thread for details.

When I'm at home or work then there's not much point in having the lock code on my N900 but it's useful when I'm out. What would be great is if the "secure device" lock screen was disabled on certain wifi networks.

I can lock the device immediately (with phone-control --unlock) and I can run scripts depending on network connections (with dbus-scripts) but if I put the 2 together then my N900 locks/unlocks immediately.

Can any one point me in the right direction? I'd be appy with a command line dbus hack but a nice gui app would be even better.

jedi 2011-04-04 21:27

Re: [Request/Idea] enable "secure device" lock based on wifi network

I like this idea. Sorry - I can't help but I'd like to see how this progresses :)

godofwar424 2011-04-04 21:47

Have you tried out using dbus-monitor to see what the signal is to Lock the device?

That would give you the dbus commands needed and then you could possibly find a way to add that command to a script which activates based on your connection name?

laasonen 2011-04-04 22:26

Wrote simple script which unlocks the device when you click the power button when it's connected to the wlan you specified :)
Code:

#!/bin/sh
homeESSID="Home_1" #Set up your ESSID

while true; do
        cat /dev/input/pwrbutton | echo "Waiting.."
        echo "Trying to open.."
        if [ `iwconfig wlan0 | grep ESSID | awk -F'"' '{print $2}'` = $homeESSID ];        then
                if [ `cat /sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness` = "0" ]; then
                        sleep 1
                        dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:"unlocked"
                        dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.system_ui /com/nokia/system_ui/request com.nokia.system_ui.request.devlock_close string:"com.nokia.mce" string:"/com/nokia/mce/request" string:"com.nokia.mce.request" string:"devlock_callback" uint32:'0'
                        echo "..opened";
                else
                        echo "..not locked!";
                fi
        else
                echo "..not in home network!";
        fi
done

You need to run it as root, because user can't read /dev/input/pwrbutton
Comment the first dbus-send, if you miss the slider.

EDIT: Now it checks if the screen is unlocked already.

laasonen 2011-04-05 13:29

I was trying to add a smarter way to detect the lock, but I can't figure out why it says that device is locked even thought it's not?
Code:

Nokia-N900:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest="com.nokia.mce" --print-reply "/com/nokia/mce/request" com.nokia.mce.request.get_devicelock_mode
method return sender=:1.9 -> dest=:1.218 reply_serial=2
  string "locked"
Nokia-N900:~#

Keyboard and screen lock detecting seems to work:
Code:

Nokia-N900:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest="com.nokia.mce" --print-reply "/com/nokia/mce/request" com.nokia.mce.request.get_tklock_mode
method return sender=:1.9 -> dest=:1.241 reply_serial=2
  string "unlocked"
Nokia-N900:~#

EDIT: It seems to work now :/

Better one:
Code:

#!/bin/sh
homeESSID="Home_1" #Set up your ESSID

while true; do
        cat /dev/input/pwrbutton | echo "Waiting.."
        echo "Trying to open.."
        if [ `iwconfig wlan0 | grep ESSID | awk -F'"' '{print $2}'` = $homeESSID ];        then #Correct wlan?
                echo "..opening.."
                dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest="com.nokia.mce" --print-reply "/com/nokia/mce/request" com.nokia.mce.request.get_devicelock_mode | grep unlocked > /dev/null
                devicelock=$?
                dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest="com.nokia.mce" --print-reply "/com/nokia/mce/request" com.nokia.mce.request.get_tklock_mode | grep unlocked > /dev/null
                tklock=$?
                echo $devicelock
                echo $tklock
                if [ $devicelock = 1 || $tklock = 1 ]; then #Need sleep?
                        sleep 1
                fi
                if [ $devicelock = 1 ]; then #Device lock?
                        dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.system_ui /com/nokia/system_ui/request com.nokia.system_ui.request.devlock_close string:"com.nokia.mce" string:"/com/nokia/mce/request" string:"com.nokia.mce.request" string:"devlock_callback" uint32:'0'
                fi
                if [ $tklock = 1 ]; then #Device lock?
                        dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:"unlocked"
                fi
                echo "..opened!"
        else
                echo "..not in home network!"
        fi
done

After couple unlocks the power button stops opening the menu :/ I'll make better one with python :D

laasonen 2011-04-05 22:38

Python version :) It is starting to be pretty decent, I'll upload it extras-devel later this week when I have time.

dave1010 2011-04-06 06:56

That's brilliant, thanks laasonen! Giving it a go now. I'm happy with editing a Python script but if it's going into extras then it'd be nice to have a GUI to edit the SSIDs.

I love the Maemo community.

laasonen 2011-04-06 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1010 (Post 982840)
That's brilliant, thanks laasonen! Giving it a go now. I'm happy with editing a Python script but if it's going into extras then it'd be nice to have a GUI to edit the SSIDs.

I love the Maemo community.

I was thinking of adding gconf-support and settings applet.

laasonen 2011-04-08 16:04

Any ideas for name?

hawaii 2011-04-08 16:47

WireLock? SSIDSecure? WiLock? Wi-Lo?