maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83541)

mattxz 2012-04-09 17:41

My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU.

My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU yesterday. Hence all the data like music and photos are gone or freezed. Anyway those data cannot be detected anymore. Not only that, my N900 cannot connect to the PC via USB anymore. Can someone please help? Thank you.

freemangordon 2012-04-09 17:52

Re: My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=562

hajano 2012-04-09 19:20

Same problem "My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU."

Hello. I have the same problem :confused:. After CSSU update (yesterday) the N900 lost its internal memory / or the internal memory can not be found. Can someone tell me - step by step - :) how to solve this problem. Thank you! Jan Haasnoot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattxz (Post 1190154)
My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU yesterday. Hence all the data like music and photos are gone or freezed. Anyway those data cannot be detected anymore. Not only that, my N900 cannot connect to the PC via USB anymore. Can someone please help? Thank you.

gus_uk 2012-04-09 21:22

Re: My N900 lost around 30 G of it's Internal memory and it cannot detect memory card after updating Community SSU.

Try clicking on the link above your post and following the step by step instructions :)

salcykhan 2012-04-10 02:28

the above step did not work for me.

it there some other way other then reinstall,

mramkumar7 2012-04-10 05:55

Got to X-term as root and execute

mount /home/user/MyDocs

This should bring back the memory and file under file manager

But on a re-boot the memory again will be lost, hence to be re-mounted.

mramkumar7 2012-04-10 05:56

Bug 12599 has been created for this issue...

mount /home/user/MyDocs

freemangordon 2012-04-10 06:27

Guys, what is wrong with you? The instructions in the post I linked work pretty well AFAIK.

@mramkumar7 - Care to check on bugtracker if the bug has already been reported? Or you think it is funny maintainer/bugmaster to close dozens of duplicates.

mattxz 2012-04-11 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mramkumar7 (Post 1190307)
Bug 12599 has been created for this issue...

mount /home/user/MyDocs

mraMkumar7, I mounted the internal memory but not the microsd memory even when i tried 'mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs' Any solution?

mattxz 2012-04-11 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1190159)

Freemangordon the step you showed doesn't work for me too. nothing's changed. :(