maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo5, Harmattan and Sailfish OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84753)

ZogG 2012-06-07 23:43

Re: [Announce] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1219189)
Unfortunately I do not have an N9, and I don't have the money to get one. If someone else is interested in getting it running though, it should be simoke in theory. Is pocketsphinx in the N9 repos?

there is some package sphinx and log of #harmattan @ freenode gave this :
Quote:

javispedro npm, btw, I write a Maliit input plugin to add dictation support to all harmattan apps using pocketsphinx
javispedro npm, https://gitorious.org/javispedro-n950-misc/maesphinx

ZogG 2012-06-07 23:59

here we go, i think it's the same package — http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/...free/s/sphinx/

kojacker 2012-06-08 00:07

Great idea taixzo, I'll be sure to check it out too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1219189)
Unfortunately I do not have an N9, and I don't have the money to get one. If someone else is interested in getting it running though, it should be simoke in theory. Is pocketsphinx in the N9 repos?

I'm not 100% sure from your first post, but has Saera actually been released? If not, it could be eligible to be entered into one of the 5 main categories in the maemo.org coding competition which is due to start next week (Monday) onwards.. I think Saera could make a great candidate - apps like these usually do very well and we have a lot of N950s and N9s available as prizes.

However if it has been released we do have an "updates to existing applications" category, so if you do any major code changes or functional updates over the next 3 months I'd encourage you to enter Saera :) It doesn't cost anything to enter, and who knows maybe you'll win yourself a new device :)

So I'd definitely encourage you to check out the wiki and see if Saera qualifies :)

taixzo 2012-06-08 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kojacker (Post 1219202)
Great idea taixzo, I'll be sure to check it out too :)

I'm not 100% sure from your first post, but has Saera actually been released? If not, it could be eligible to be entered into one of the 5 main categories in the maemo.org coding competition which is due to start next week (Monday) onwards.. I think Saera could make a great candidate - apps like these usually do very well and we have a lot of N950s and N9s available as prizes.

However if it has been released we do have an "updates to existing applications" category, so if you do any major code changes or functional updates over the next 3 months I'd encourage you to enter Saera :) It doesn't cost anything to enter, and who knows maybe you'll win yourself a new device :)

So I'd definitely encourage you to check out the wiki and see if Saera qualifies :)

Thank you for that! I had not thought of submitting it, but as I haven't released it yet I will submit it to the competition.

FYI, your link points to the image rather than the page. ;)

SHARP66 2012-06-08 02:00

I'm curious what is peoples pocketsphinx dictation aquracy {mine is very low)
and i couldn't find a simple solution to increase.

taixzo 2012-06-08 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHARP66 (Post 1219229)
I'm curious what is peoples pocketsphinx dictation aquracy {mine is very low)
and i couldn't find a simple solution to increase.

I'm working on this. Pocketsphinx's default model (hub4wsj) was generated from a large number of sentences from the Wall Street Journal. The problem here is that while this gives a good foundation of grammar, it has many words unlikely to be used in normal speech (such as 'Uzbekistan'). These other words make for poor accuracy. On the other hand, one can hand-build a list of words and a simple grammar that works well for voice commands, but not well for more general speech (as we want Saera to handle). I think the best option may be to make a new large dictionary, but create it from a more relevant data source, such as TMO for example. In the meantime I'm just using the default wsj model until I can replace it with something better.

taixzo 2012-06-08 02:51

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the source at the moment. Not much works with the AI; Saera currently recognizes the following things:
  • Hello
  • Test/Testing
  • Remind me X
  • Put on some music
  • What is the answer to life the universe and everything

I don't have hooks into the system yet, so neither reminders or music control actually work. Also, accuracy is fairly poor, for the reasons I just posted. Saera seems to run a good deal slower than the Pocketsphinx demo that the voice recognition is based on, so I will see what I can do to speed that up.

To run: extract zip on N900. In x-terminal, cd to that directory and run
Code:

python saera.py

super-hero 2012-06-08 03:04

This is AMAZING to actually someone is doing this, i have a N9 but seriously how to compile or even edit that code, But I AM 100% eager to test this for the N9... If your interested im always available

taixzo 2012-06-08 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by super-hero (Post 1219248)
This is AMAZING to actually someone is doing this, i have a N9 but seriously how to compile or even edit that code, But I AM 100% eager to test this for the N9... If your interested im always available

It should not need compiling, as it is python code. Actually, it runs equally well on my desktop; if someone has an N9 and can install gstreamer0.10-pocketsphinx, pocketsphinx-utils and whatever the dictionary package is called (it's something like pocketsphinx-ln-en-hub4), this may run on Meego without modification.

ivgalvez 2012-06-08 06:31

You could try to combine it with Maemo Profiler, which is already capable of triggering a good number of actions.