maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unable to use Sim in device (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83481)

da.redgaonkar 2012-04-06 14:23

Unable to use Sim in device

Hi,

I am getting problem that Uable to use sim in the device. My sim is perfectly ok and works in other handset. Can any body help me out. Even I have tried out to update the software then also same problem. Even I am getting another message "All telephony functions including emergency calls ............................. "

I m fedup. I have just brought this piece 1yrs back and the warranty is also over. When taken to Nokia care they said Rs 5500/- will be the charges to send to their head office as they could also not get the problem.

Help me if any body has the solution. Thanks in advance.

LouisDK 2012-04-06 14:37

Re: Unable to use Sim in device

Have you tried to put another SIM Card in the phone and see if that was readable?

immi.shk 2012-04-06 14:59

try keeping a piece of paper behind the sim.. this will push the similar to make proper contact...

praveenchand 2012-04-06 16:15

ya..better use some hard paper..

rfekm 2012-04-06 16:36

dude... i think you should consider replacing your phone, i had the same problem. putting a piece of paper behind sim is a temporary solution.

Texrat 2012-04-06 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by da.redgaonkar (Post 1188855)
Hi,

I am getting problem that Uable to use sim in the device. My sim is perfectly ok and works in other handset. Can any body help me out. Even I have tried out to update the software then also same problem. Even I am getting another message "All telephony functions including emergency calls ............................. "

I m fedup. I have just brought this piece 1yrs back and the warranty is also over. When taken to Nokia care they said Rs 5500/- will be the charges to send to their head office as they could also not get the problem.

Help me if any body has the solution. Thanks in advance.

SIM quit working all at once on my current N900 a while back. No sign of any damage, and complete reflash was no help. Neither was padding. Very frustrating, and I don't know of a solution. :(

tullamulla 2012-04-07 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by immi.shk (Post 1188874)
try keeping a piece of paper behind the sim.. this will push the similar to make proper contact...

I had a similar problem with my spare n900. Anyway I just tried that and hey presto (just like magic :) it WORKS!!!

So thanks muchly...

da.redgaonkar 2012-04-07 13:35

Hey Thanks for replying but I had tried to put another sim then also it does not work the same errormessage. Even I tried to put a piece of paper but of no use any other suggestion is appreciable. Or else I think I have to scrap down my cell. Feeling very upset bcoz only 1 1/2 year back I have bought it.:(

tommo 2012-04-07 18:23

I placed a piece of foam rubber in between the sim tray and battery, so when the cover was on it pushed on the sim.
This worked very well but as my phone was still in warranty i sent it to nokia, who gave me a brand new N900 ;)

geneven 2012-04-07 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 1188909)
SIM quit working all at once on my current N900 a while back. No sign of any damage, and complete reflash was no help. Neither was padding. Very frustrating, and I don't know of a solution. :(

Does that make the third N900 that has died in your possession, or are there more?