maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Where to Find Jolla Tablet online? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96509)

sanjeev 2016-03-09 12:11

Where to Find Jolla Tablet online?

Hi I'm looking for Jolla Tablet online but It is showing "out of stock" or "not available online" on most of stores.
https://priceraja.com/tablet/jolla-t...-list-in-india (showing "No records found").
Even official website showing "Jolla Tablet sold out": https://jolla.com/tablet/

coderus 2016-03-09 12:41

Re: Where to Find Jolla Tablet online?

try on taobao. not sure if still available.

haelge 2016-03-09 12:47

If you want the real deal: nowhere. The jolla tablet campaign has failed. An Information you had to gain on your search for a jolla tablet. However the manufacturer of the already produced tablets is selling them on taobao.com. Since the jolla tab seems to be based on an intel-reference design you have to be careful not to get another device like the "aigo x64", they are very simiar. If you take 3 seconds for searching in this forum (always a great idea) you can find some people who reported how they purchased one of those tablets.

But beware of bad karma, because all available tablets are already purchased and paied by crowdfunders and pre-orderers, who mostly wont get a tablet at all.

coderus 2016-03-09 12:52

haelge, aigo x86 is reference, but nobody reported of buying this tablet. peoples buying manufactured jolla tablets which have modified hw.

chenliangchen 2016-03-09 13:17

Or buying from some lucky folks who got their device shipped and pay double price…

cvp 2016-03-09 13:26

for taobao you need a agent from china. You cant buy it with a europe creditcard. i really dont have trust to send my money to a agent. And you have spend 10% to him.

veeall 2016-03-09 17:26

I'm okey with you buying it, no bag kamra. Search for taobao and youbuy in 'The Future of Jolla Tablet' thread.

mrsellout 2016-03-09 18:33

I used this guide paying the same amounts listed (although I had to pay an import fee in the UK): https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-128851
YOYbuy were pretty decent, and you can see pics of the item before you pay for it to be shipped. Their fee (~$20 when I purchased) is the least of your worries though, as Taobao sellers have since pushed their prices up. :(

Boxeri 2016-03-09 18:53

I also ysed Yoybuy and all went well for me

Schturman 2016-03-09 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvp (Post 1501007)
for taobao you need a agent from china. You cant buy it with a europe creditcard. i really dont have trust to send my money to a agent. And you have spend 10% to him.

I purchased via yoybuy taobao agent. I know it was big risk, but I decided to do this because really wanted this Tablet. Jolla refund my money (311.29 euro) and I used this money for purchasing from taobao. And total price was 310.43 dollar, including delivery and customs to Israel. It was possible to pay with PayPal. Now I'm very happy with new toy :)

zenecho 2016-03-10 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by haelge (Post 1501004)
But beware of bad karma, because all available tablets are already purchased and paied by crowdfunders and pre-orderers, who mostly wont get a tablet at all.

This is not actually true. Imagine the money raised by crowdfunding was poured in to a big bucket with all the other monies raised by Jolla (from sales, grants, financial backers etc). Jolla then used this big bucket of money to pay for things - like wages, development of the OS, hardware development, advertising etc, all the things a company must pay for to produce a an OS and a device.

There is no bad Karma, Jolla simple ran out of money and was unable to pay for a quantity of Devices it had previously ordered.

There are various other threads about buying a Tablet from China, It was a very limited number to start with, I think several people have recently tried to order one, but have been unsuccessful as the limited stock has all been sold.

billranton 2016-03-10 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1501086)
There is no bad Karma, Jolla simple ran out of money and was unable to pay for a quantity of Devices it had previously ordered.

Worse than that, they happened to hit a funding delay and be temporarily out of cash just when the factory needed to be paid to ship the existing tablets and make more. In the few weeks it took to resolve that, the whole thing had fallen apart. It really is very sad, and a warning to all trying to enter the mobile device business.

velox 2016-03-10 19:09

So, my Taoblet arrived.
(Actually it did so yesterday in my absense at work – but some people knew what I was waiting for
and a colleague of mine just payed the courier the 70€ tax without hesitation – I love my team.)

Here's what may be of interest to someone:
  • I used taobaofocus as an agent instead of yoybuy. Worked, didn't feel quick, though. There were always a few days delay between stuff happening.
  • It is genuine, store worked after system updates. I also did some "ssu"-commands before upgrading, but I don't think they were essential. Android works, just had time for some quick tests of few Apps from the Play Store, did not install other Android Stores yet.
  • The seller is out of stock – sorry I could not report earlier, but I guess that means some of you might have gotten lucky there as well. I count that as a good thing.
  • DHL (I used DHL Express International): Call them if something about customs pops up on your delivery notifications. Contact forms or mails get to the right people but may take longer. They have to know how much you've spend… this should be obvious, but: Be honest.

lancewex 2016-03-11 00:22

Using Yoybuy I tried to get the tablet from the seller chengxinrn. And even though it was marked as bought for days my money was eventually refunded due to having no stock. I placed another order from another seller on 3/6 but it still has not been marked as bought. So I bet the tablets are all gone now. UPDATE: yep, the second seller also is out of stock (despite still listing it for sale...).
And I'll be out Paypal fees due to the way they work.

napaDokc 2016-03-11 06:18

from Twitter :

@yoybuy: Jolla Tablet 8.3mm thin,Display 7.85″ IPS, Atom Processor Z3735F Quad Core 64-bit 1.8 GHz
http://bit.ly/1UXo9V5 http://twitter.com/yoybuy/status/708...206081/photo/1

mosen 2016-03-11 07:11

Jtabs at Taobao seem to have been sold off...

I tried to purchase from all listed 1888yuan sellers within the last 4 days but all reported "out of stock" to yoybuy.
Last chat message from Yoybuy i got regarding my latest attempt from this night:

Quote:

sorry dear. this one is out of stock also. and we didn´t find it in other sellers. so i will refund you. thanks
If it is untrue and sellers only tell to be out of stock, waiting for Jolla to deliver the last jtabs and then have the chance to raise the price even more is to be seen.

But for now, i am giving up.

Edit, Haha, one more try on NapaDokcs link which he provided while i was typing e.g. not having reloaded the page :p
They actually list the tablet on yoybuy themselfes in that link? WTF is going on.
Edit2: on closer inspection, the yoybuy article linked to Han-yi telephone, whom i tried already 2 days ago... so i guess the link is a zombie and i soon will hav my 9th refund message from yoybuy...
Edit3. The article is "in Process" since an hour for the first time.
Before it always went to "await refund" directly.
Agent at taobao is someone new named "dong". i was served by lilian, karen and angelina before. Maybe dong can be more convincing than the girls :p

explit 2016-07-06 07:27

Ebay is the only choise you have nowadays. I paid for mine new Jolla Tablet 64GB with LastuCase 470 EUR. Between 400 and 600 you will find one, but that is not cheap....
Jolla Tablet is an Linux HW Artifact now, very rare.... :-(

explit 2017-04-24 12:54

For all, who are still missing the Jolla Tablet, i can help with purchase of the Jolla Tablet Clone:
Aigo x86.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99262

mscion 2017-04-25 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by explit (Post 1509080)
Ebay is the only choise you have nowadays. I paid for mine new Jolla Tablet 64GB with LastuCase 470 EUR. Between 400 and 600 you will find one, but that is not cheap....
Jolla Tablet is an Linux HW Artifact now, very rare.... :-(

Hi. That's amazing! Where can you find a Jolla tablet for 400+ EURO.
That's twice what I paid for it on Taobao!

explit 2017-04-25 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1527315)
Hi. That's amazing! Where can you find a Jolla tablet for 400+ EURO.
That's twice what I paid for it on Taobao!

It was on ebay / Germany last year. I missed the Taobao action last year and for me was ebay the only solution.

Now we have more possibilities:
Aigo x86 & Youyota Tab.