maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Nokia n9 repair in USA (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81109)

somedude 2011-12-25 22:18

Nokia n9 repair in USA

I dropped my phone today and cracked the screen on it, also now when I put my sim card in it, it doesn't recognize the sim card, since I live in USA what are my options on getting this phone fixed here?

Maemomd 2011-12-25 22:53

Re: Nokia n9 repair in USA

I purchased a squaretrade warranty. I would purchase one if I were you, then wait a month, then cash in, if possible. Best of luck, happy holidays.

somedude 2011-12-25 22:59

how much did you pay for the square trade warranty?

somedude 2011-12-25 23:27

i called the square trade and they said they would not be able to honor the warranty on Nokia n9 because Nokia itself doesn't offer valid us warranty.

so now, is there anyone from European nation that has a Nokia repair shop around them that they can ask how much would they change to get the LCD changed on this phone? And i can send you the phone and the money to get it repaired?

Mike Fila 2011-12-25 23:51

When I bought my n900 about a year and a half ago at J and R in nyc, I was told that they were a nokia authorized service center and I could bring it to then if I had any problems. I had asked because of the usb problems.

Maemomd 2011-12-26 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by somedude (Post 1141833)
i called the square trade and they said they would not be able to honor the warranty on Nokia n9 because Nokia itself doesn't offer valid us warranty.

so now, is there anyone from European nation that has a Nokia repair shop around them that they can ask how much would they change to get the LCD changed on this phone? And i can send you the phone and the money to get it repaired?

I paid around 80 for it with a 30% discount. That is odd, I was authorized no problem up to 600 dollars in damage, and I emailed the receipt from Nokia Singapore to finalize coverage, a day later I received full coverage authorization for my N9. Sorry your phone cracked, try going through Squaretrade online, lots of times the people on the phone are not up to par on certain information.

somedude 2011-12-26 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Fila (Post 1141836)
When I bought my n900 about a year and a half ago at J and R in nyc, I was told that they were a nokia authorized service center and I could bring it to then if I had any problems. I had asked because of the usb problems.

do you mind asking them about the N9 repair, now the sim card works and i am using the phone but with a pain, need to be really careful about not cutting my finger. And since the screen cracked phone thinks that the proximity is covered.

somedude 2011-12-26 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemomd (Post 1141838)
I paid around 80 for it with a 30% discount. That is odd, I was authorized no problem up to 600 dollars in damage, and I emailed the receipt from Nokia Singapore to finalize coverage, a day later I received full coverage authorization for my N9. Sorry your phone cracked, try going through Squaretrade online, lots of times the people on the phone are not up to par on certain information.

its 124.99 to start and then 99 for q deductible, i believe it will be lot cheaper to get it repaired than doing that, i was able to find the LCD for 124 on ebay if i was able to do it my self i would have already bought it but i am not sure about doing it myself.

Mike Fila 2011-12-26 01:20

sure i'll try them tomorrow and let you know

somedude 2011-12-26 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Fila (Post 1141856)
sure i'll try them tomorrow and let you know

thank you sir.