maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73136)

kecsap 2011-05-16 12:10

[ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I created a game (Ball Game) in one week. I hope people will have a bit of fun with that.

Goal: Use your finger to push a ball to a hole on the screen. On higher levels, you have less possible attempts to push.
More details: It is adviced to read the tutorial text before starting the game.

The game is available in extras-devel.

Package for MeeGo tablets (Intel AppStore validation is still pending):
https://gitorious.org/balltouchgame/.../meego-tablets

Git repo:
https://gitorious.org/balltouchgame/balltouchgame

MeeGo Coding Competition page:
http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions/17

Motivation: Showing the power of the Qt on different platforms.
Problems: The major problem was not the Qt itself, but the desktop etc integration differences on x86/N900 armel.
Result: I was very suprised, how quickly I could sketch this small game.
ToDo: Many things can be done for the better gaming experience. In first place, I would like to create a Symbian version as well.

kecsap

Helmuth 2011-05-16 12:18

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Thanks a lot!
Perhaps you should announce this at forum.meego.com, too. :)

Venemo 2011-05-16 12:55

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Hey,

Perhaps you should post screenshots of your app.

kecsap 2011-05-16 13:02

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Venemo (Post 1007407)
Hey,

Perhaps you should post screenshots of your app.

Ok, uploaded.

F2thaK 2011-05-16 13:31

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
how do we play?
object of game?

cool, will give it a go

kecsap 2011-05-16 13:41

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by f2thak (Post 1007429)
how do we play?
object of game?

cool, will give it a go

Thanks, the post has been updated.

F2thaK 2011-05-16 13:50

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
3 suggestions.

-its a little simple, maybe put some objects in the way?
-highscores table
-when you get the ball in, have a notification of some sort, like "goal!"

kecsap 2011-05-16 15:17

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
I have just uploaded a new version with haptics support for N900.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2thak (Post 1007439)
3 suggestions.

-its a little simple, maybe put some objects in the way?
-highscores table
-when you get the ball in, have a notification of some sort, like "goal!"

1. I thought about walls on higher levels. It would be fairly simple to add.
2. Yes, an item on the ToDo list...
3. Hmmm, It would be trivial to add, I will check it.

eefo 2011-05-16 15:28

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
i dont know what's the problem .
but i started playing this game and playing the second level the game it self shuts down :$

AgogData 2011-05-16 15:51

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
how about a major update and make the ball in 3D ?
and don't mind this suggestion if you didn't like it, but dragging the ball into a sniper icon in my opinion is better replaced by a small pool stick and maybe make the ball smaller without the whole pool concept and with only the red ball and the attemps counting, just my humble opinion :)

nicholes 2011-05-16 15:57

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eefo (Post 1007515)
i dont know what's the problem .
but i started playing this game and playing the second level the game it self shuts down :$

same happaned to me too!!!

kecsap 2011-05-16 16:57

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eefo (Post 1007515)
i dont know what's the problem .
but i started playing this game and playing the second level the game it self shuts down :$

Thanks for the feedback! The Phonon aborted because of a wrong file name after the first loop of the music. I have just released a hotfix. It should show up after ~30 minutes in the repositories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgogData (Post 1007525)
how about a major update and make the ball in 3D ?

Thanks for the suggestion! Well, the N900 is already enough slow with this version. The whole game is much better/smooth on e.g ExoPC Slate. I do not plan the introduction of the 3D view.

eefo 2011-05-16 17:00

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kecsap (Post 1007571)
Thanks for the feedback! The Phonon aborted because of a wrong file name after the first loop of the music. I have just released a hotfix. It should show up after ~30 minutes in the repositories.



Thanks for the suggestion! Well, the N900 is already enough slow with this version. The whole game is much better/smooth on e.g ExoPC Slate. I do not plan the introduction of the 3D view.

much much appreciated ;)

kecsap 2011-05-16 17:04

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eefo (Post 1007572)
much much appreciated ;)

Please tell me if the fix will not work...

eefo 2011-05-16 17:11

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kecsap (Post 1007577)
Please tell me if the fix will not work...

added in repositories ?

kecsap 2011-05-16 17:15

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eefo (Post 1007581)
added in repositories ?

As I told, yes, it should show up soon. :)

I think it should be already there. The build was successful 20 minutes ago.

eefo 2011-05-16 17:17

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kecsap (Post 1007584)
As I told, yes, it should show up soon. :)

I think it should be already there. The build was successful 20 minutes ago.

ohh wait lemme check :)

eefo 2011-05-16 17:44

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
perfect ;)
but yeah a question .
how to pause the game ?

kecsap 2011-05-16 17:57

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eefo (Post 1007598)
perfect ;)
but yeah a question .
how to pause the game ?

If you tap and hold for half second anywhere on screen in the game, you get a menu and the game can be minimized. Also written in the Tutorial. :)

eefo 2011-05-16 18:29

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kecsap (Post 1007608)
If you tap and hold for half second anywhere on screen in the game, you get a menu and the game can be minimized. Also written in the Tutorial. :)

opppsss :$
my bad.
else loving the new update.
the music is interesting ;)
+1 for it :P

F2thaK 2011-05-17 00:38

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ball Game
 
haptics feature is cool! thx


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:48.

vBulletin® Version 3.8.8