maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   maemo & MeeGo folks at BlackBerry Jam World Tour 2012 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84505)

helex 2012-05-26 09:52

maemo & MeeGo folks at BlackBerry Jam World Tour 2012

BlackBerry is currently organizing a BB Jam World Tour.

Since BlackBerry will use Qt and qml as one of their main development frameworks for BB10 some maemo developers are perhaps interested in this events.
A good chance for small maemo meet and greetings around the world! :)

I created a wiki page to make a list which members are you able to meet there in real life. Please edit the wiki and add yourself to the list if you are attending a certain event.

Wiki: maemo & MeeGo folks at BlackBerry Jam World Tour 2012

Currently I have only the maemo account and a link to the twitter account in the list. This should be enought to get in touch and find the maemo folks at the corresponding event.

Feel free to add more informations if you need and don't forget to post here some feedback after a event. :)

I know, this is maemo and QNX/BB10 is a competitor, but this list is created to meet maemo members and because of this I placed it in the Community section.

See you in Berlin, germany! ;)

zehjotkah 2012-05-26 14:44

Re: maemo & MeeGo folks at BlackBerry Jam World Tour 2012

When will we meet up? The evening before the event?

helex 2012-05-26 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by zehjotkah (Post 1212879)
When will we meet up? The evening before the event?

I wrote yesterday with wonko some private messages. He registered himself also for the event in Berlin but is not 100% sure if he is able to get to Berlin (depending on his work).

As far as I read at twitter conny is also attending and will try to meet thp wednesday. Perhaps at the evening or earlier, I don't know.

I'm not sure if I'm able to meet on wednesday. This would be great but depends on my mate.

I'm sure we maemo people are mostly all attending the native Qt events. So we could meet at least there, speak during the breaks, having lunch together, give you a hug and so on... ;)

Would be a real pity if 5 maemo members are at the BB event in Berlin, sitting in the same room without knowing from each other. Perhaps we are able to find even more maemo folks for the event in Berlin.

Same goes to the other locations around the world. :)

EDIT: Ah, you got finally a tweet by thp requesting to organize something. Happy organizing, zehjotkah. :)

Wonko 2012-05-26 18:10

Yes, that's right, I also signed up. Would be great to meet some of your guys in real life. :)
Unfortunately, I would be in Berlin just for that day. I booked the night train because I really have not that much time... If I can attend I will be in Berlin at that day from 07:30 to 22:00.
Even if I don't get a device I would love to come to Berlin to finally meet some fellow Maemo members irl. Still, I don't know if it works out for me with respect to time. As said, train tickets are booked I just need to find the time. ;)

I think we could also meet at the conference and maybe go for something to eat or drink after the conference if you like. I would just need to get my train back. ;)

I also have to confess that I do not have a Twitter account yet. But I could create one if this eases coordination.

I hope everything works out. Looking forward to meeting you guys. :)

conny 2012-05-26 19:43

Looking forward to see you all there. Wonko, would be nice to see you there as well - I think I still owe you a beer (something to do with MeePassword, but can't really remember :))

If I remember correctly, the event starts around 1pm so there might be time in the morning. Personally I should be able to come to Berlin the day before already.

helex 2012-05-26 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by conny (Post 1212992)
If I remember correctly, the event starts around 1pm so there might be time in the morning. Personally I should be able to come to Berlin the day before already.

Oh, no. At least, the event in Berlin is a whole day event! Only the Breakout Sessions (native development or html5 stuff) are starting at 1:30pm!

Quote:

Agenda

Thursday, June 28, 2012
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Onsite Registration Opens

9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Welcome Keynote

10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
BlackBerry®10 Architecture Overview (BB01)

10:45 AM - 11:00 AM
Break

11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
BlackBerry10 Experience Overview (BB02)

11:45 AM - 12:30 PM
App World Monetization and Platform Services, Including Enterprise App World (BB03)

12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Lunch and App Pitches

1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Breakout Sessions

3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
Break

3:15 PM - 4:45 PM
Breakout Sessions

4:45 PM - 5:30 PM
BlackBerry10: Dev Alpha Distribution

5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Reception (Final Remarks, and app pitch winners announced)
A long day... :)

conny 2012-05-26 21:53

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification and the agenda.

Bundyo 2012-05-27 15:04

Too far away from me and at very inappropriate times (having a release in a month).

micke.prag 2012-05-28 16:11

Just signed up for the Berlin event. It would be nice to meet you there.

helex 2012-05-28 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by micke.prag (Post 1213890)
Just signed up for the Berlin event. It would be nice to meet you there.

You're from sweden and attending the Berlin event? :)