maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sorry, CSSU question (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80763)

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-09 21:41

Sorry, CSSU question

Hi all,

Tried installing this earlier today, but encountered a problem, some packages werent found. Anyway, got to the part where you choose the enabler from the menu, did this, and it ran a few things, no reboot.

There is no evidence that it has installed other than "CSSU about" in settings.

Reinstalling doesn't make a difference, so I figured I'd simply flash the "COMBINED" part. Now I'm having problems there too, it won't go past:

Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libusb0-0001--0x0421-0x0
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2104
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_MR0
Sending xloader image (14 kB)...
100% (14 of 0 kB, avg. 14 kB/s)
Sending secondary image (106 kB)...
100% (106 of 0 kB, avg. 106 kB/s)
Flashing bootloader... done.
Sending cmt-2nd image (79 kB)...
100% (79 of 0 kB, avg. 79 kB/s)
Sending cmt-algo image (507 kB)...

Write failed after 0 bytes
usb_bulk_write: No error

So I can't even reflash! argh, can anyone help me out with either option to get CSSU running on my phone?

Thank you!

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-10 20:34

Re: Sorry, CSSU question

Posted in the wrong section?

sicelo 2011-12-10 20:56

If u flash only one file, it is usually rootfs, not combined...

also, cssu doesn't come with 'flashable' firmware.. u install it from the Application Manager.

Once installed, the About section of settings doesn't change, rather, a new entry is made that says About Community SSU

pusak gaoq 2011-12-10 21:03

what exactly is your problem regarding CSSU???
if there "About Community SSU" in the settings then it confirm that you have install CSSU on your device....
if you asking which CSSU you have install just take a look at "About Community SSU"....it will say either....

Code:

Community SSU Installed
Version : 21.2011.38-1maemo1
Flavor : Stable

Or

Code:

Community SSU Installed
Version : 21.2011.38-1maemo1.1
Flavor : Testing

if you have troubling installing CSSU then open x-term then type....

Code:

root
apt-get -f install

to fixed any error while installing CSSU....

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-11 12:31

Hi

What I mean is: Although it says "about CSSU" it the settings menu, there is no indication that it is actually installed. as menu doesnt go into portrait mode nor does settings. i had problems with missing files when installing so used xterm. the device didnt reboot after install either. im asking about flashing so i can try the install again thats all.

thanks.

pusak gaoq 2011-12-11 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0pot2mus (Post 1136171)
Hi

What I mean is: Although it says "about CSSU" it the settings menu, there is no indication that it is actually installed. as menu doesnt go into portrait mode nor does settings. i had problems with missing files when installing so used xterm. the device didnt reboot after install either. im asking about flashing so i can try the install again thats all.

thanks.

ok the question that remain to be answer is what type on CSSU did you install on your device?
isit Testing or Stable?

Testing or Stable is two different CSSU...please tell us which one so we can help u...

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-11 16:17

Stable.

thanks

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-14 16:53

Oh... bump? ;)

skip0pot2mus 2011-12-15 20:28

Could this have anything to do with it?

"If you installed the stable version and have edited your transistions.ini before installing, then you'll find your old ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transistions.ini.precssu. You can either just copy it over the new one and miss out on the new features, or incorporate your changes"

I haven't edited transitions.ini, but I do recall during the install that it asked if I wanted to use the new one, or keep old, and I chose "new"...

Saturn 2011-12-16 00:58

Since you asked over a PM:

Do you have CSSU features installed?
What does it say when you launch it? I mean does it complain about anything?