maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Absuing the 'thanks' system. [alter-ego] (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58965)

jd4200 2010-07-22 16:22

Absuing the 'thanks' system. [alter-ego]

Not sure where to post this, and it's not that I care that much, but maybe enough to make this thread, but the user n0ak is going under the alter-ego of Har4oo2 and thanking every last one of his posts just to beef up his reputation rating. :rolleyes:

The profiles are near identical, joined around the same time, his ae only has 3 posts but has thanked over 50 times nearly all of which are to n0ak.
See here all the threads he has thanked, and they are all (but one or two) to n0ak.

Doubt any cares at all, but I do use the reputation system as a way to judge the reliability/trustworthiness of the information someone has posted.

HtheB 2010-07-22 16:30

Re: Absuing the 'thanks' system. [alter-ego]

/care.....

andraeseus1 2010-07-22 16:43

sounds liek a very greatful reader.

daperl 2010-07-22 16:47

Nice find. Put me on the jury of 12. n0ak is the suck. Nuke'm.

Milhouse 2010-07-22 17:09

Could be trying to game the Karma system I suppose, assuming this system is every used for anything "tangible" in future if you know what I mea. Only the Har4oo2 account is linked to maemo.org but the n0ak account could be linked at any time in the future and start accruing Karma resulting from these suspicious "Thanks".

I would be inclined to suggest the Thanks applied to n0ak by user Har4oo2 should be removed from the t.m.o database and the Har4oo2 account banned.

cfh11 2010-07-22 17:48

Yeah I would say that this is a bit suspicious.... especially considering that none of these posts are really thank-worthy :p

ysss 2010-07-22 17:51

He's also very consistent in using the "exclamation point-space-smiley" combo.

On both accounts.

gerbick 2010-07-22 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysss (Post 761108)
He's also very consistent in using the "exclamation point-space-smiley" combo.

On both accounts.

heh, you beat me to it! :)

cddiede 2010-07-22 18:01

I love seeing my number thanks going up as much as the next guy, but what really is the point of "Thanks Fraud"?

Is there any tangible motive for wanting to arbitrarily increase your thank count?

daperl 2010-07-22 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 761123)
I love seeing my number thanks going up as much as the next guy, but what really is the point of "Thanks Fraud"?

If policies stay the same, it can have an effect on discount eligibilities. It is unlikely that I would own an n900 otherwise. I would be sad and not even know why.

It's far from a perfect system, but the complaints have been few relative to the praises.