maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   digia @scene (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28339)

Oberon85 2009-04-17 00:09

digia @scene

ok, at the suggestion of someone else, i'll start a new thread. installed digia @scene from extras devel (after installing digia @web from the same place) and wow... this couuld be a great piece of software! lots more functionality than mytube (but nowhere as fast) and needs a way to change default storage location (it defaults to internal 2gig memory, of which i have 50megs free?) i'd rather store to my external, where all my other audio and videos are... very cool interface though

Laughing Man 2009-04-17 01:05

Re: digia @scene

How did you get it to install? Even with extras-deval on it won't install since the QT libraries aren't there..

Oberon85 2009-04-17 01:59

ouch.. not sure... I have tear installed, and piles of other bits and pieces that I test... Just enabled the extras-devel repository, and installed Digia @web first, then installed digia @scene. @ web is also cool; I had none of the crashing problems mentioned by others, and surfed for almost an hour this afternoon on it. A little slow compared to tear, (reallly slow on gmail!) but a fun tool to play with as it is developing.

spartanNTX 2009-04-17 20:41

links-
Digia announces two new mobile applications for Nokia Maemo Devices

@scene

@web

ttt 2009-04-26 17:30

Hi all,

I just uploaded a new version 1.0.2 of @scene to extras-devel. Should be visible soon.

In this version we have fixed the problem of not starting in full screen mode, change in YouTube API and some minor bugs.

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
DIgia Plc

Oberon85 2009-04-26 17:46

Is there any way to change default storage location in @scene yet?
thanks

Maceo 2009-04-26 21:32

Tuuka, thanks for posting here. @scene is really a great app to have on the tablet!
Two questions regarding functionality:
1. I way have missed it, but it seems to me that there currently is no easy way of accessing YouTube *channels* that one has subscribed to. I can search, but that's pretty click-inefficient. Say, if one follows all the Ted Talks from YouTube user tedtalksdirector, it would be really great if one could start up @scene, jump to the list of subscriptions and just play the video that was uploaded last.
2. I find it hard to jump forward / backward in a stream. Also, stopping a longer stream and resuming to watch it later has also been a problem for me (e.g. when watching Google Tech Talks, which are about 60mins). Do you see a way of addressing these things in future versions?

chrisak 2009-05-09 06:17

Are there volume controls? Also, in the initial search results, I cannot seem to veiw description of the video. Do others have the same difficulty? The "I" button does work while viewing the vdeo tho.

DPelletier 2009-05-09 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisak (Post 285826)
Are there volume controls? Also, in the initial search results, I cannot seem to veiw description of the video. Do others have the same difficulty? The "I" button does work while viewing the vdeo tho.

Yes, there are volume controls. On the N810, you need to use the plus and minus keys on top of the device (not sure where they are on the N800). I'm also having the same issue when clicking on the "I" button.

David

sachin007 2009-05-09 08:00

this is a wonderful application!

the functions are awesome and the full screen is the best part.

for those who have problem with installation,

sudo gainroot
apt-get install digiaatscene

only problem is that we cant get to save to external mmc. hope u guys fix it

thanks so much