maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SOLVED] ruined systeminfo install on N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84098)

Win7Mac 2012-05-06 22:54

[SOLVED] ruined systeminfo install on N9

Seems I got trouble with a ruined systeminfo install on my N9.
Looks like it now inhibits other apps from installing.

When trying to install systeminfo, I had this error:
Code:

/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i systeminfo_harmattan_0_322886.5.1.deb

Package systeminfo has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

dpkg: Status-Datenbank-Bereich ist von einem anderen Prozess gesperrt

aegis-installing systeminfo (from 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' doesnot allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::DeviceModeControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo' -- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

Package systeminfo: denied 'mce::TKLockControl' for '/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'-- origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi' does not allow it

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'systeminfo::/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'

Now it blocks apps like qadsignal, error:
Code:

~ # cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads

/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i qadsignal_0_443099.0.1_armel.deb

Package qadsignal has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'systeminfo::/opt/systeminfo/bin/systeminfo'

dpkg: Status-Datenbank-Bereich ist von einem anderen Prozess gesperrt

aegis-installing qadsignal (from 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'qadsignal::/opt/qadsignal/bin/qadsignal'

/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads #

Hope this can be done without flashing?!

--------------------------
SOLVED by reinstall
Thanks for the help

:) :) :) :) :) :)

HanzBlix 2012-05-07 02:03

Re: ruined systeminfo install on N9

You know those apps are free on ovi store right?
Anyways bablefish didn't translate that error message perfectly for me but I think if you try the following two lines before trying to install you should be ok.

Code:

killall -q pkgmgrd
rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/lock

It's not always the case but sometimes they're necessary before installing packages.
Also you may need to be root.

Win7Mac 2012-05-07 09:35

Thank you HanzBlix. Here's the outcome:
Code:

~ # killall -q pkgmgrd

~ # rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/lock

~ # cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads

/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i qadsignal_0_443099.0.1_armel.deb

Package qadsignal has package signature (origin 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'qadsignal::/opt/qadsignal/bin/qadsignal'
Previously deselected package qadsignal is selected.

(read data ... 48482 files and directories are being installed.)

Depacking qadsignal (from qadsignal_0_443099.0.1_armel.deb) ...

aegis-installing qadsignal (from 'com.nokia.maemo/ovi')

qadsignal (0.0.1) is being set up...

Trigger for applauncherd-launcher are processed ...

Trigger for desktop-file-utils are processed ...

Trigger for hicolor-icon-theme are processed ...

/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads #

So it seems this solved it half way, Qadsignal works now.

[BUT: in "Settings>Programs>manage programs" all programs are gone... Though in fact all apps are still there and working properly.
This needs to be restored for further updates to come. - Solved, reboot did the trick...]

And still error "aegis-loader: Failed loading policy..."

Any idea what to do now?

HanzBlix 2012-05-07 22:06

I'm no aegis expert but I think you can ignore those policy warnings, you'll get used to seeing them during a lot of package installations over time, you're only getting that during installs right?
If the package installs and runs as expected there's no need to worry,

That issue where the programs weren't showing I've never seen and I'm completely clueless about it, I probably wouldn't worry unless it shows it's ugly face again and starts to be a pain.
Good old reboot eh, that's one ridiculously common fix for all things electronic.

Win7Mac 2012-05-07 23:02

Quote:

...I think you can ignore those policy warnings, you'll get used to seeing them... you're only getting that during installs right?
Ok, I can ignore them and get used to seeing them, but I really want to get rid of them!
They're clearly related to systeminfo, must be some artefacts from that ruined install, which can be deletable?
Quote:

Shows up everytime... and not all installs run as expected - other app had at least one other error, but it works though.
Any advise is highly appreciated.

And NO, not only installs via terminal are concerned, but also via Ovistore. Both works now, but I really want to get rid of this crap...

Quote:

Good old reboot eh...
Seems I got to have to get used to it...;)
Waiting another day also seems to be a good opportunity in some cases...

Tubeman 2012-05-09 14:39

(I am the developer of SystemInfo)

I can't see any such problems on my device. Neither my old copy or a fresh install from Nokia Store showed these error messages you are seeing. Also, SystemInfo does not use any explicit aegis capabilities.

Since I cant reproduce the problem myself, may I ask you to test two ideas for me?
A: remove SystemInfo altogether
B: using a pretty recent QtSDK, build your own .deb and upload to N9 in dev-mode (source code is found here https://projects.developer.nokia.com/SystemInfo )

Let me know if any of these solve your problem

Win7Mac 2012-05-09 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubeman (Post 1204104)
A: remove SystemInfo altogether
B: using a pretty recent QtSDK, build your own .deb and upload to N9 in dev-mode

Hi Tubeman, thanks for taking care. :)
[A:] Please give full instruction with exact code
[B:] I'm unable to build my own .deb, sorry.
I'm no developer, so please advise properly for easy understanding.
Thanks in advance!

Tubeman 2012-05-09 15:40

please try this:

A: uninstall SystemInfo (settings -> applicatins -> manage applications -> system info -> uninstall ), restart your phone, run dpkg with something else and see if the error message is gone

B: I have created two new binaries for you at https://projects.developer.nokia.com/SystemInfo/files. first install systeminfo_0.5.1_armel_A.deb, restart and see if the problem is gone. If that doesn't help, uninstall it and then install systeminfo_0.5.1_armel_B.deb from the same place and test again

If none of these work, then I suspect your problem is due to some database corruption in the package installer and not really related to SystemInfo.

Win7Mac 2012-05-09 15:58

SystemInfo does not show up in (settings -> applicatins -> manage applications). Does that make any difference?
Should I try your B-solution?
Thanks again.

Tubeman 2012-05-09 17:51

That doesn't sound good... Very well, you could try to remove it from the command line:

dpkg --purge systeminfo