maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Has anyone Scratched the screen on the N9 yet? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79192)

Grazy 2011-10-18 15:46

Has anyone Scratched the screen on the N9 yet?

Hi,

Had my Nokia N9 for only a few days before i noticed a zig zag like scratch on the screen! If i buff it, it disappears, after a little use they reappear!!

I have wiped the screen down with alcohol and as its drying you can see it fill the scratch before evaporating!

Since then a new one has appeared! like i say the finger marks make it show up especially when your swiping!

I'm finding i have quite clammy hand sometimes and wonder if i have somehow scratch it because of this! not really sure how though!

anyone had this sort of problem?

will try and put a photo up soon

slai 2011-10-18 16:08

Re: Has anyone Scratched the screen on the N9 yet?

Thats weird. I read that someone went to town on the screen with a sharp toolknife and really having trouble scratching it.

Shame :( .

Grazy 2011-10-18 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by slai (Post 1110476)
Thats weird. I read that someone went to town on the screen with a sharp toolknife and really having trouble scratching it.

Shame :( .

well its hard to call it a scratch as such, it looks like finger marks get caught forming a bigger mark. but after a buff its gone! it must be super fine but have no idea how it could have happen! I have been really careful!!!

tirtawn 2011-10-18 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grazy (Post 1110479)
well its hard to call it a scratch as such, it looks like finger marks get caught forming a bigger mark. but after a buff its gone! it must be super fine but have no idea how it could have happen! I have been really careful!!!

Hmm N9 is using gorilla glass. This is hard to believe. Did u scratch it with your keychain ?

anidel 2011-10-18 21:26

Keychains won't scratch it either. When I had my E7 that also uses a Gorilla Glass I tried to scratch it on purpose with keys, screw drivers and so on, nothing...
Maybe if you REALLY push hard on it, it may scratch, not sure.. but I did play with it a lot with keys and no scratch on that screen.

Amazing.

smegheadz 2011-10-18 21:34

try take a pic of it for us, get the a light to catch the mark when your screen is smudged with hand prints.

is the mark always in the same place and same shape?

chiron 2011-10-18 22:08

Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQnPmr61POw

wormdrummer 2011-10-18 22:27

I have the same issue, scratch marks in the top left hand corner of the screen, disappears when I clean the screen, but then re-appears with fingerprints etc.

Funny thing is that I think it came out of the box like that coz I noticed it on the first day.

smegheadz 2011-10-18 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormdrummer (Post 1110624)
I have the same issue, scratch marks in the top left hand corner of the screen, disappears when I clean the screen, but then re-appears with fingerprints etc.

Funny thing is that I think it came out of the box like that coz I noticed it on the first day.

could it be anything to do with the curve of the glass and the way a smudged screen reflects the light? i'm curious to see this, does it look like liquid lines or scratches? possible it's not on the top of the glass but underside?

SamGan 2011-10-19 03:26

It's possible to scratch Gorilla glass. I have friends who have scratched theirs. They have no idea how it got scratched but it happens. It's best to use with a screen protector.