maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Quick Screen Lock Widget / Shortcut? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36309)

asidana 2009-12-08 17:58

Quick Screen Lock Widget / Shortcut?

Is there any quick screen lock app or script i can use on desktop? current process has to many clicks for one hand/quick use

bbin 2009-12-08 17:59

Re: quick screen lock app/shourtcat?

press the power button twice

asidana 2009-12-08 18:01

a ha! thanks :) you wouldn't know if there is a shortcut to unlock screen without slide would you?

noobmonkey 2009-12-08 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by asidana (Post 416993)
a ha! thanks :) you wouldn't know if there is a shortcut to unlock screen without slide would you?

Hehe probably a request for someone to make a quick app, doesnt sound very taxing?
But as far as i'm aware the current options are
  • Let the device time out
  • Double tap the power button
  • Slide the lock slider :) -i likie that one!
  • Ask a developer very very nicely if they will make you the desktop widget for xmas :)

hopbeat 2009-12-08 18:07

Just for record, blocking the device (keyboard and device) from an app is not a problem. But the current ways to do that should be sufficient for everyone I think :)

hypnotik 2009-12-08 18:09

Also, is there a way to put widgets on the lock screen? Would be major useful? Is the lock screen code open source or is it closed source?

Taigatrommel 2009-12-08 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by asidana (Post 416993)

Maybe a dumb question, but why don't you just use the lock-button on the right side of the device? While the screen is activated, the lock-button switches it off and locks it. Unlocking again with that button turns it back on and brings you right to the desktop - without any slider. IMO the best slide/unlock mechanic I ever used on a device.

Now if the slide2unlock screen would just show some more information like upcomming tasks, etc.

asidana 2009-12-08 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taigatrommel (Post 417011)
Maybe a dumb question, but why don't you just use the lock-button on the right side of the device? While the screen is activated, the lock-button switches it off and locks it. Unlocking again with that button turns it back on and brings you right to the desktop - without any slider. IMO the best slide/unlock mechanic I ever used on a device.

Now if the slide2unlock screen would just show some more information like upcomming tasks, etc.

thats what i used to on windows mobile

ajamils 2009-12-08 18:18

I don't understand all the request for a screen lock app. Why are people so lazy that they can't even use a switch which is already there for specific reason :confused:

RevdKathy 2009-12-08 18:29

I find the 'flick-lock' slide on the end of the device pretty handy. Prior to finding that, I was having problems with locking/unlocking. Definitely for one-handed stuff.