maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Calendar applications (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32716)

rdv 2009-10-12 08:35

Calendar applications

Dear all,

I have a few questions:

Which calendar is pre-installed on the N900? It says just 'Calendar' in the launcher, but is it referred to in a different way to distinguish it from other calendars?

I want to import an exported icalendar file (from Mac-iCal) into my Maemo calendar, but it looks like the option doesn't exist. Which calendars do support this importation? Or is there an application that does just the importation into the calendar-backend, and are the appointments visible in the native calendar then? Where is the calendar data file stored anyway?

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Roald

pelago 2009-10-12 08:56

Re: Calendar applications

I believe it's one that Nokia wrote itself, and is probably just called Maemo Calendar or similar. Can it really not import .ics files?

rdv 2009-10-12 09:47

The menu options are:
- month
- week
- agenda
- previouw (month/week)
- next (month/week)
- jump to today
- jump to
- go to tasks
- go to notes
- new event
- settings
- - edit calendars
- - - new (not containing the option either)
- - - done
- - alarm tone
- - delete items
- - first day of week
- - hide done tasks

pelago 2009-10-12 10:07

What happens if you try to open a .ics file from the File Manager app?

yerga 2009-10-12 10:12

Just copy the file to the N900 and open the file with the file manager, it will show a dialog asking to what calendar you want import the data.

pelago 2009-10-12 10:24

Thanks for that. That makes sense for dealing with .ics files that you download from the web or receive as a email attachment, for example. Still, it's strange if there's no import menu item in the Calendar app itself.

rdv 2009-10-12 10:47

Quote:

Still, it's strange if there's no import menu item in the Calendar app itself
A bit, and it's not completely consistent with the address book, but this is kind of an advanced feature, and you don't want too many buttons and options and stuff.

I'm still wondering where the actual calendar database is stored though (just out of curiosity).

yerga 2009-10-12 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdv (Post 344325)
A bit, and it's not completely consistent with the address book, but this is kind of an advanced feature, and you don't want too many buttons and options and stuff.

I'm still wondering where the actual calendar database is stored though (just out of curiosity).

/home/user/.calendar/calendar.db
It's a sqlite database.

mech 2009-10-13 21:24

I have read in a Russian preview of the N900 (in english) that the calendar offered no ring tones?? It seems very strange to me. Does anyone have confirmation or infirmation of that?
If it is true i might reconsider my will to buy an N900.. :(

pelago 2009-10-13 21:51

Do you mean alarm sounds?