maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [WIP] TMO Forum app - New updated release (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88475)

bibek 2013-01-09 15:37

Yes, thread opening style is a where I will look into in next release. Certainly needs some improvement. Sometimes the app crashes, when opening to last post.

also, need to check out the space in username issue, as reported by Ajmal. But I fear it might be a limitation of system Accounts manager.
Can someone confirm?

And PM, that's something even I look forward to. Means adding almost 30% more of the present code. But certainly an interesting challenge :)

bibek 2013-01-09 15:39

Can someone confirm what are the thread opening modes that tmo support?

First post?
Last post?
First unread? (first new is same thing?)

kai_en 2013-01-09 16:28

I see that u removed the “button” pressed like visual on each of the message card. It's a good move as the action tended to become unbearable visually to the eye when the page photo heavy and causing dizziness.

thanks for the good

bibek 2013-01-09 16:40

Re: [WIP] TMO Forum app - New updated release

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai_en (Post 1312870)
I see that u removed the “button” pressed like visual on each of the message card. It's a good move as the action tended to become unbearable visually to the eye when the page photo heavy and causing dizziness.

thanks for the good

yes, I still want to give some visual feedback on press, but scaling isn't visually attractive for long lists. Made me really dizzy. I'm open to new ideas on this part.

also, funny thing is that, if I use a resource hungry webpage to display msg cards, scrolling is smooth, but if I use minimal resource using text component to display the msgs, then it stutters sometimes.
Quite trolling..

ajalkane 2013-01-09 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1312786)
Bibek, can you add a toggle which says: "always jump to the last unread post of the topic"

Would be nice to have this, because now I have to do this everytime I want to read a topic that I (actively) follow.

You can do vice-versa if the option "always jump to the last unread post of the topic" is enabled, and once you hold down a topic, it will show: "Go to the first post".

Seconded. I'd claim "Opening the last unread post" is what most people most of the time want to do, and so should be the default. Who enjoys reading old posts except occasionally :) ?

This was my biggest gripe with the old version.

khan.orak 2013-01-09 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajalkane (Post 1312880)
Seconded. I'd claim "Opening the last unread post" is what most people most of the time want to do, and so should be the default. Who enjoys reading old posts except occasionally :) ?

This was my biggest gripe with the old version.

This would be great. But the "Jump to Page" shouldn't be removed.

bibek 2013-01-09 17:03

Agree. Already on it.

tigas 2013-01-09 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibek (Post 1312876)
yes, I still want to give some visual feedback on press, but scaling isn't visually attractive for long lists. Made me really dizzy. I'm open to new ideas on this part.

also, funny thing is that, if I use a resource hungry webpage to display msg cards, scrolling is smooth, but if I use minimal resource using text component to display the msgs, then it stutters sometimes.
Quite trolling..

If you really want give some visual feedback on press, why not darken the BG around the post "bubbles" (where it shows "page x of y")? Just an idea. I don't really think you need to show feedback, maybe add a setting?

damagedspline 2013-01-09 20:36

1 Attachment(s)
Am I the only one that sees only blank screens after login?
Once I delete the account i can see the posts/categories again.
Logging in again -> blank screens...

log attached

AndyNokia232 2013-01-09 22:16

@bibek Mate, this app is superb, I had installed the original about 6 months ago but it was a mess - this is now totally useable and works just fine. Thanks so much for your hard work! :-)