maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Support thread] Billboard Standby Screen (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84507)

thp 2012-05-26 14:05

[Support thread] Billboard Standby Screen

This is the support thread for my (currently closed source) application Billboard which you can get from Nokia Store for your N9 (this is N9 only - the N950 does not have an AMOLED screen / LPM).

User scripts can be found at (and should be submitted to): https://github.com/harmattan/billboard-scripts

Feel free to post questions, feedback or problems here, and I'll try to help :)

ibrakalifa 2012-05-26 14:54

Re: [Support thread] Billboard Standby Screen

Unavailable in my country, its look so nice, but i cant use it, :(

TMavica 2012-05-26 15:08

work perfectly

blvx 2012-05-26 15:09

i bought this app from store and it doesnt work for me at all, the addinfo is not showing up in right place it's only showing three first letters of the date, so it's like off the screen hiding in the right corner lol, what is up wit dat?

TMavica 2012-05-26 15:13

@thp anything can be added more?

thedead1440 2012-05-26 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by blvx (Post 1212886)
i bought this app from store and it doesnt work for me at all, the addinfo is not showing up in right place it's only showing three first letters of the date, so it's like off the screen hiding in the right corner lol, what is up wit dat?

you need to edit some values.

1. use terminal
2. devel-su
3. password (default is rootme)
4. apt-get install nano (do this if you havent installed nano already)
5. nano /usr/share/themes/base/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css
6. scroll down to the following lines and edit the maximum size like i've done. the default should be 12mm 12mm.
Code:

LockScreen MImageWidgetStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeOperatorLogo {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    margin-top: 6mm;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    maximum-size: 45mm 45mm;

7. reboot and enjoy.

baem90 2012-05-26 15:32

Quote:

or u can fix it using qtweak

thedead1440 2012-05-26 15:53

thp from your screenshots on store, i saw you using ? etc inside the {} to indicate certain conditions. for example, denoting no network.

could you share on what characters can be added into the {} and what they represent.

thp 2012-05-26 15:54

Quote:

You (or an app you were using before) probably modified the sysuid stylesheet. The update that's coming (1.0.1) will fix that (you will have to reboot after the update once so that the new stylesheet gets loaded). Billboard 1.0.0 was a bit too cautious when trying to apply the changes (i.e. if the file was modified, it sometimes didn't change it to be safe).

See also this helpful post by Arie on how to restore the stylesheet to the original setting. After that, reinstalling Billboard should apply the right changes, and after a reboot, the display area should be fixed. This is also explained on the Billboard website.

thp 2012-05-26 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1212902)
thp from your screenshots on store, i saw you using ? etc inside the {} to indicate certain conditions. for example, denoting no network.

could you share on what characters can be added into the {} and what they represent.

It's described in the about screen of the app (this is for version 1.0.0 and version 1.0.1, there might be a slightly improved syntax in future versions):

{property} - Insert property as-is
{property?text} - Insert "text" when property is not empty
{property!text} - Insert "text" when property is empty

(where property is e.g. "song", "battery" or "cell-network" - without the quotes)

Examples:
{song!No song} - Insert "No song" when no song is selected
{date} - Insert the current date (short format)

Advanced features:
{script:uptime} - Insert output of "uptime" command
{script:/home/user/test.py} - Insert output of "/home/user/test.py" script

All the available properties will change from version to version, and they can be inserted with the "Insert" button in the GUI (to be end-user friendly and enhance discoverability). Right now, there is: Compact date, Full date, Song artist, Song title, Song "Artist - Title", Cell network name, Internet connection, Battery percentage, IM presence status, Active profile.

More properties are planned for future versions, but not available in 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 (e.g. upcoming calendar entries, more fine-grained date settings, system information, ...).