maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Run AlienDalvik on Nexus 4 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=98800)

eekkelund 2017-01-24 17:42

Run AlienDalvik on Nexus 4

I haven't myself tried(I don't have Nexus4) but what I have heard it works? :)

Link: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry57516932

Google Translated:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIBICHEKO
Installing Aliendalvik. Run Android apps
At one's own risk! For firmware based CM11
1. First, we need a very Aliendalvik and special package. a replacement script
Download( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82...9naVVCTFE/view )
Download( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82...o5WlBxN0k/view )

2. After downloading all of the components, we need to set Aliendalvik package.
This you can do via the terminal / SSH, connect to the device
Code:

devel-su
  zypper in aliendalvik-1.0.46-1.armv7hl.rpm

Or just install .rpm package through the file manager. It can be found in Jolla Store

3. Thereafter, the script must be replaced in the system directory.
This you can do via the terminal / SSH, connect to the device
Code:

devel-su
  systemctl stop aliendalvik
  cp platform_extraenvsetup.sh /opt/alien/system/script/platform_extraenvsetup.sh
  chmod + x /opt/alien/system/script/platform_extraenvsetup.sh
  systemctl start aliendalvik

Now you can install APK application!
---

Removing Aliendalvik. If suddenly you do not like something
These steps must!
1. First, we need to disable the aliendalvik
Code:

devel-su
  systemctl disable aliendalvik

2. Reboot your device
3. Remove the package
Otherwise, when you delete a package is possible to remove system and user data from the use of "bind mounts"

---
If you have problems with the link owners will be deleted. If something does not like, knock to the PM. Thank you

BluesLee 2017-01-24 19:09

Re: Run AlienDalvik on Nexus 4

Russians ..:-) Is it restricted to Nexus 4? Let's try it.

kuba77 2017-01-24 20:12

I tried it, it works :) but when you run some android app, the process com.android.phone often stop and show the warning.

mrsellout 2017-01-25 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuba77 (Post 1522411)
I tried it, it works :) but when you run some android app, the process com.android.phone often stop and show the warning.

Which device did you try it with?

nieldk 2017-01-25 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1522424)

Jolla 1 :p
Seriously ? the 'trick' is for Nexus 4

velox 2017-01-25 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieldk (Post 1522427)
Seriously ? the 'trick' is for Nexus 4

Well, kuba77 could have reponded to "Is it restricted to Nexus 4? Let's try it." – even if it's a unlikely. :)

nieldk 2017-01-25 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by velox (Post 1522428)
Well, kuba77 could have reponded to "Is it restricted to Nexus 4? Let's try it." – even if it's a unlikely. :)

Yes, not unlikely that it may work on other devices, but the scripts needs to be modified for sure.

mrsellout 2017-01-25 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieldk (Post 1522429)
Yes, not unlikely that it may work on other devices, but the scripts needs to be modified for sure.

Yeah, if it would install, I'd have thought that standard apps might work on other devices, but would start to fail with any that need to interact with any hardware.

nieldk 2017-01-25 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1522431)
Yeah, if it would install, I'd have thought that standard apps might work on other devices, but would start to fail with any that need to interact with any hardware.

well, on OneplusX it installs, but doesnt immediately work.

tvicol 2017-01-25 16:58

For oneplusx you may need some xxxxxx.MSM8974.so blobs.

On my Jolla 1 platform_extraenvsetup.sh script points to msm8909.so files.

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright 2013-2016 Myriad Group AG. All Rights Reserved.

####### 3D needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_3D="
lib/hw/gralloc.msm8909.so
"

####### CAMERA needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_CAMERA="
lib/hw/camera.msm8909.so
"

####### HW CODECS needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_HWCODEC="
etc/media_codecs.xml
etc/media_profiles.xml
etc/media_codecs_google_audio.xml
etc/media_codecs_google_telephony.xml
etc/media_codecs_google_video.xml
"

####### LINKING LOOP #########
NEEDED_EXTRA_FILES="
$EXTRA_FILES_3D
$EXTRA_FILES_CAMERA
$EXTRA_FILES_HWCODEC
"

for x in $NEEDED_EXTRA_FILES; do
target=/system_jolla/$x
link=$ANDROID_ROOT/${x/.msm8909./.default.}
ln -sf $target $link
done

# For camera socket
mkdir -p /data/misc
ln -s /data_jolla/misc/camera /data/misc/camera

kuba77 2017-01-25 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1522424)

Nexus 4 :)

nieldk 2017-01-25 18:40

Be careful with this konda
Its (C) infridgement in so many ways

cvp 2017-01-25 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvicol (Post 1522433)
xxxxxx.MSM8974.so[/COLOR]

i think its already include in opx

https://github.com/MasterAwesome/and...master/onyx.mk

# Graphics

gralloc.msm8974 \

linuxunux 2017-01-26 04:25

Also confirming it works on N4. Looking for a way to use google services (for work related apps). Will continue testing components and report back.

linuxunux 2017-01-26 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxunux (Post 1522452)
Also confirming it works on N4. Looking for a way to use google services (for work related apps). Will continue testing components and report back.

Looking at the build.prop it appears aliendalvik is running 4.4, so I followed Jolla C thread over https://together.jolla.com/question/...on-tablet-or-c/
Installs fine, but does not connect...I also tried jelly bean runtime with similar results. Search continues...

coderus 2017-01-26 17:53

try https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...pico-installer installed with --force

linuxunux 2017-01-27 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1522475)

i am getting dep-resolution-failed on droid-config-i500d. pkcon refesh does not help...

edit* force installed cause playstore to not launch.

chenliangchen 2017-01-27 04:08

So we have another community other than TMO and TJC with some great SFOS tweaks? Surprising!

linuxunux 2017-01-28 22:59

got google services working following jolla c guide. i upgraded to 2.0.5.6 first then installed Googleplay services

matemana 2017-02-05 10:58

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxunux (Post 1522452)

I have got google play store and google services working with this aliendalvik :)

To install google play store, google services and voice assistant follow this guide.
became root devel-su
Download this archive and extract it. http ++ ://bin.ge/dl/247451/SFOS-GAPPS-tar.gz.html (correct link i could not post link)
You will see APPS and GAPPS folders.
enter GAPPS folder and copy system folder with this command
cp -avR system/ /opt/alien/
and change permissions
chmod 664 /opt/alien/system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
chmod 664 /opt/alien/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.maps.xml

then copy GmsCore.apk, Phonesky.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk here /opt/alien/system/priv-app
and chmod them with "chmod 664 full/path/to/these/files"
then install them
cd /opt/alien/system/priv-app
apkd-install Phonesky.apk

after this install updates they are located in APPS folder. There also are firefox and youtube apk if you want them. After install restart the phone. that's it. Google play and google services should work.

P.S. PM me if something goes wrong.

claustn 2017-02-05 13:01

Thank you! Are apps like chrome fully functioning? How could I test it on a Nexus 5?
Seems it works only with CM11, I hope someone will port it to Nexus 5 with CM12 too

BluesLee 2017-02-05 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1522871)
Thank you! Are apps like chrome fully functioning? How could I test it on a Nexus 5?
Seems it works only with CM11, I hope someone will port it to Nexus 5 with CM12 too

Install CM11 based Sailfishos using Multirom and test it on your Nexus 5, you might need to modify the scripts. I am pretty sure that it will not run with CM12 base.

claustn 2017-02-05 15:50

First I would like to understand if there are advantages compared to sfdroid or not. Question for who is using this port on Nexus 4, are android applications able to play sounds? what about cpu usage?

matemana 2017-02-05 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1522879)
First I would like to understand if there are advantages compared to sfdroid or not. Question for who is using this port on Nexus 4, are android applications able to play sounds? what about cpu usage?

I am using that Nexus 4 as a daily driver. Everything works well. Sound, games everything works like you have android device.
I used to use sfdroid but i did not like it. It felt like cheating :D
If you run any android app aliendalvik will start automatically, otherwise you should stop it because it well use RAM ~300-350 MB and battery.
Funny thing is Google apps like play store, services use more RAM then whole SFOS :D

About Nexus 5. I installed aliendalvik on nexus 5 too but it does not work. I press start and it stops immediately. First of all problems is that i have CM12.1 base on nexus 5. Sadly i can't download CM11 M11 for nexus 5 because CM is down. Thank god i had CM11 for nexus 4 and CM12.1 for nexus 5. at least nexus 5 works on Sailfish os. without CM12.1 i would not be able to install it.

If you know any source from where i can download CM11 M11 for nexus 5 please share I need cm-11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-hammerhead.zip version.

matemana 2017-02-05 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesLee (Post 1522873)
Install CM11 based Sailfishos using Multirom and test it on your Nexus 5, you might need to modify the scripts. I am pretty sure that it will not run with CM12 base.

If you have CM11 M11 version for nexus 5 please share.
Cyanogenmod is down and no one can get any version from their site.
So irresponsible from cyanogenmod. Why would they prevent us from using older ROMs? For which some of us have donated money. It's so sad :(

pichlo 2017-02-05 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by matemana (Post 1522868)
P.S. PM me if something goes wrong.

That won't work (yet). You need at least 5 posts to send and receive PMs.

matemana 2017-02-05 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1522884)
That won't work (yet). You need at least 5 posts to send and receive PMs.

LOL that line gave me a headache.
I posted it on one forum. Then copied it on https://together.jolla.com/questions...y-desc/page:1/
One user commented that TJC does not have pm. now on this site. I guess i'll just remove that line from this text and copy like that if i ever need to copy this text :D

claustn 2017-02-05 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by matemana (Post 1522883)
If you have CM11 M11 version for nexus 5 please share.
Cyanogenmod is down and no one can get any version from their site.
So irresponsible from cyanogenmod. Why would they prevent us from using older ROMs? For which some of us have donated money. It's so sad :(

There is a beautiful website called archive.org where I found it! http://web.archive.org/web/201604120...hammerhead.zip

Please try it and let me know if it works

BluesLee 2017-02-05 18:55

If it work's, does it really make sense to fall back to cm11? there are several advantages of cm12 base on nexus 5 as bluetooth stability etc and on the other hand mautz's cm13 base seems almost be ready .. Hoping for a rebase of aliendalvik seems to be nonsense, right?

eekkelund 2017-02-05 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by matemana (Post 1522882)
I used to use sfdroid but i did not like it. It felt like cheating :D

Well I think that AlienDalvik on nexus4 is cheating because it is commercial, one is not paying for it and it is proprietary software. In the other hand sfdroid is opensource, free and made by awesome community members. :)

matemana 2017-02-05 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1522898)
Well I think that AlienDalvik on nexus4 is cheating because it is commercial, one is not paying for it and it is proprietary software. In the other hand sfdroid is opensource, free and made by awesome community members. :)

But i would like to pay anything up to 40$ for aliendalvik. They just do not sell it that's it. What should i do. I could not find jolla phone for a reasonable price to buy so i went this way and installed aliendalvik. sadly sfdroid is not as good as aliendalvik.

MJ m 2017-02-05 21:36

Did somebody already try it with Nexus 5 (with cm11 base of course?) I have N5 with cm11 based sailfish installed, i could try AlienDalvik before i move on to cm12, 12,1 or 13 based sailfish and sfdroid.

matemana 2017-02-05 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ m (Post 1522904)
Did somebody already try it with Nexus 5 (with cm11 base of course?) I have N5 with cm11 based sailfish installed, i could try AlienDalvik before i move on to cm12, 12,1 or 13 based sailfish and sfdroid.

Try if you are already on CM11. Just tell us if it starts from settings -> android support. And if any apk installs. That would be great.

linuxunux 2017-02-05 22:37

Quote:

I believe the .sh tells alien where to find some N4 libraries, I was assuming this would need to be updated to point to N5 parts. I believe if this was updated, it could work...

matemana 2017-02-05 23:05

Quote:

I searched in sh file and found some lines pointing directly to nexus 4 libs.
I searched for some libs in my nexus 5 and edited sh file. But i did not find some libs because i have base CM 12.1 on my nexus 5, but as google said that libs should be there on 4.4 AKA CM 11.
For example i did not find /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg file. But when i searched google i found this line:

/system/lib/egl/egl.cfg, which contains something like this (from a Nexus 5 running KK 4.4)

Please use this script instead

HTML Code:

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright 2013-2016 Myriad Group AG. All Rights Reserved.

####### 3D needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_3D="
  lib/egl/egl.cfg
  lib/egl/eglsubAndroid.so
  lib/egl/libEGL_adreno.so
  lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno.so
  lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno.so
  lib/egl/libplayback_adreno.so
  lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno.so
  lib/hw/gralloc.msm8974.so
  lib/libadreno_utils.so
  lib/libgsl.so
  lib/libmemalloc.so
  lib/libqdutils.so
  "

####### CAMERA needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_CAMERA="
  lib/hw/camera.hammerhead.so
  "

####### HW CODECS needs #########
EXTRA_FILES_HWCODEC="
  etc/media_codecs.xml
  etc/media_profiles.xml
  etc/media_codecs_google_audio.xml
  etc/media_codecs_google_telephony.xml
  etc/media_codecs_google_video.xml
  "

####### LINKING LOOP #########
NEEDED_EXTRA_FILES="
  $EXTRA_FILES_3D
  $EXTRA_FILES_CAMERA
  $EXTRA_FILES_HWCODEC
  "

for x in $NEEDED_EXTRA_FILES; do
  target=/system_jolla/$x
  link=$ANDROID_ROOT/${x/.msm8974./.default.}
  ln -sf $target $link
done

ln -sf /system_jolla/lib/hw/camera.hammerhead.so /system/lib/hw/camera.default.so

# For camera socket
mkdir -p /data/misc
ln -s /data_jolla/misc/camera /data/misc/camera

matemana 2017-02-05 23:08

linuxunux
I edited that sh script as i could. I have both nexus 4 & 5 in front of me. Let's hope i did it right and aliendalvik will work.

juiceme 2017-02-06 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1522898)

Amen.

If I ever needed to run Android applications (which fortunately I don't) this would be the way to do it.

pichlo 2017-02-06 09:04

Agreed.

On the other hand, matemana has a point. I may ruffle some feathers by saying that but, as a general rule, based on my 15 years of experience with open-source software, when I have a choice between a professional product and something bashed together by someone in his spare time in his bedroom, I go for the former. The quality of the vast majority of open-source software is abysmal, especially in the applications domain. Stability issues, lack of QA, lack of documentation, poorly designed UI, missing or half-baked features...

There are notable exceptions, of course. I use OpenOffice (or Free or Libre or whatever the current flavour of the month is) over the MS equivalent. It is nowhere near as polished but it is good enough for my humble needs. The same goes for Avidemux. It crashes 4 times out of 5 but I can put up with it, which I would not if I had to use it professionally.

I have never used Sfdroid and I am happy to believe that it may be different. A lot of open-source systems or server applications are just as good as their commercial counterparts, if not better. Apache is a good example. Sfdroind looks like it may fall into this category.

But I can understand matemana's and other users' skepticism.

claustn 2017-02-06 09:18

I agree with you, but every user here want to try new things on his/her smartphone. If it works I will give a try; I'm currently using sfdroid only for Whatsapp (I open it just 2/3 times a day) and I would like to try Alien Dalvik instead (for audio/microphone and file manager integration).

matemana 2017-02-07 15:58

Quote:

I can confirm aliendalvik works with changes i made in it on nexus 5 running 1.1.9.28 CM11 base.
Now i'll try installing google play store and google play services.