maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Alternatives (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Debian] ANNOUNCE: Easy Debian Turbo-Charged Edition! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=24272)

paulmorin 2008-10-18 03:36

Re: ANNOUNCE: Easy Debian Turbo-Charged Edition!

Cloned OS to mmc2 no problem. Bootmanager setup correctly. Reboot to mmc2 OS no problem. Ran easy-deb-chroot package and got congratulations msg. Ran debian image installer. Completed ok. ran debian chroot item in Extras. Ran debian LXDE. Debian starts up and displays tree wallpaper. There are no icons at the bottom of the screen so I cannot set any of the options. Tried to modify openhostwin.py as per a previous entry but I don't have it. Why don't the icons display??

sondjata 2008-10-18 04:14

OK...have I done something wrong? I'm getting sh*t download speeds and a pegged CPU. I can download 1.3 gigs in no time flat. What the hell?

BrentDC 2008-10-18 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sondjata (Post 234458)
OK...have I done something wrong? I'm getting sh*t download speeds and a pegged CPU. I can download 1.3 gigs in no time flat. What the hell?

If possible, open up a new x-term window and type "top" [RETURN].

If wget, or tar, or gnutar, or something similar isn't using the majority of the cpu% then you have a problem...

When downloading the big img.tar file, you should see progress output in the terminal window via wget...aat least thatt how qole had it setup in oldee versions.

BTW, qole, I'm glad you got this into extras finally. Congrats.

qole 2008-10-18 05:17

EDIT: Sondjata: Your problem sounds familiar because it is the same typo! Somehow I got an old typo into my script! Version 0.9.10 fixes this problem.

Sondjata: your problem sounds familiar; I think you might not have wget installed, or it isn't running correctly. I'd be very curious to know what happens when you open a terminal and type:

Code:

sudo apt-get install wget
Please post the results of that command.

sondjata 2008-10-18 12:03

got an error with Apache first. now I get:

wget is already the newest version.

sondjata 2008-10-18 12:07

"Install" is the process taking up the most CPU

claesbas 2008-10-18 12:23

Would it be possible to have a "Loading" notification during the slow opening of any debian app? .. just to know i has not stalled?

allnameswereout 2008-10-18 12:32

Argh! Lately I've been searching for sun-java instead of openjdk/openjre... no wonder I found not more ports... thanks for the clarification.

XTC 2008-10-18 12:47

Since OpenOffice3.0 loads on PC WAY-WAY faster than 2.4 I wonder if this could help NIT's to speed it up.

hbail 2008-10-18 14:23

Is there an easy way of resizing an already existing Debian img.ext3 file? I want to have more room for installing apps and then I plan on moving it to a different location.