maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Q2 2017 Community Council Election Announcement (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99353)

eekkelund 2017-05-02 19:51

Q2 2017 Community Council Election Announcement

Since there is some small issues with autoposting from maemo.org/news to TMO under @CommunityCouncil nick, I will post this myself.

Quote:

Dear friends and Maemoans. It is again the time for us to elect the new Community Council.

The schedule for the voting process is as follows:

The nomination period starts next Monday, on the 1st of May 2017 and will continue until the 23rd of May 2017.
The election starts on Thursday, on the 1st of June 2017 and will continue until the 7th of June 2017. In order for us to keep the community strong, we need to have new people with fresh ideas to carry on the torch. So, please consider volunteering for the position of Maemo Council.

On behalf of the outgoing Community Council,

eekkelund
Link: Original article.

wicket 2017-05-02 20:53

Re: Q2 2017 Community Council Election Announcement

How long is the council term? Is it now a whole year or did the last term just slip? I've no problem with either, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I nominate all current members of the council plus Android_808, Copernicus, endsormeans, gerbick, marxian, mosen, mscion, peterleinchen, rcolistete, robthebold, rzr, sicelo, t-b, theonelaw and Wikiwide.

juiceme 2017-05-03 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1527597)
How long is the council term? Is it now a whole year or did the last term just slip? I've no problem with either, I'm just curious.

You are correct there; the Council elections should be arranged twice per year but we were so tied in with arranging the Coding Competition that the timeline slipped past.
(Yes, I know that's a sorry excuse :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1527597)
Anyway, I nominate all current members of the council plus Android_808, Copernicus, endsormeans, gerbick, marxian, mosen, mscion, peterleinchen, rcolistete, robthebold, rzr, sicelo, t-b, theonelaw and Wikiwide.

Excellent nominations, and I also nominate wicket.

pichlo 2017-05-03 08:17

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my intention not to run in the Council election and not to accept any nominations.

Feathers McGraw 2017-05-03 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1527605)
I would like to take this opportunity to announce my intention not to run in the Council election and not to accept any nominations.

lol

10 chars

pichlo 2017-05-03 14:17

It was not a joke. I am currently a Council member and some may expect me to run again. Plus wicket nominated all current members.

juiceme 2017-05-03 15:52

Indeed, it is just as acceptable to decline a nomination as to welcome it; there can be a ton of personal reasons why not run for Council seat.

Feathers McGraw 2017-05-03 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1527616)
It was not a joke.

It was the unusual wording that made me laugh, came across as quite sarcastic!

I nominate Dave999

^that is a joke.

chenliangchen 2017-05-03 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1527632)
It was the unusual wording that made me laugh, came across as quite sarcastic!

I nominate Dave999

^that is a joke.

That's actually not a too bad idea. We need something to drive Dave's attention and keep him busy from the refund business...

t-b 2017-05-03 21:32

@wicket I am flattered by your nomination, but I doubt I am the best man for the job - so I have to decline unless nobody else is willing... :)

It might be good to have some more technical members in the council, the members that are getting things done (or have done in the past).

Just to name a few, there are certainly more..

pali, Android_808, theKit, wicket, coderus, MartinK, freemangordon, Halftux, chenliangchen, dirkvl