maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [REQUEST] Auto hiding status bar for nokia N9 as implemented on windows phone. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83456)

dcastrog 2012-04-05 04:46

[REQUEST] Auto hiding status bar for nokia N9 as implemented on windows phone.

We all know that the n9 screen is sensitive to screenburns because of the type of led it uses. I want to request an script that makes the notification bar (batery, hour, operator) to hide when using the phone in prolongated times. And then re appear at request, when tapping.

this is neatly implemented in wp7 and it works nicely. I dont to see my battery indicator forever on ny screen and what is worse is that i have already seen people with this issue. So why not avoid it??

remember that the n9 is one of its type, and maybe the last maemo/meego flagship we will ever see and we all want to keep it fit for a long time.

so who says 'me'??

cddiede 2012-04-05 12:31

Re: [request] Screen saver for the notification bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcastrog (Post 1188232)
We all know that the n9 screen is sensitive to screenburns

We do? This happens?

Has anyone had this happen to their N9? Got pics?

dcastrog 2012-04-05 16:11

Do you have an n9?

try using the browser in landscape and check the left lower corner, you may see a very faint ghost of the battery indicator.

if you dont see it its maybe because you dont have enough time with your n9. I have mine from october and can see a very faint ghost

cddiede 2012-04-05 18:25

I've had mine since November. I'll check it out.

Arie 2012-04-05 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcastrog (Post 1188467)
Do you have an n9?

try using the browser in landscape and check the left lower corner, you may see a very faint ghost of the battery indicator.

if you dont see it its maybe because you dont have enough time with your n9. I have mine from october and can see a very faint ghost

I've had mine since before october, no problems like that here.

coderus 2012-04-05 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcastrog (Post 1188467)
Do you have an n9?

it's amoled bug. go to nokia care and replace display for free.

Ashbeck 2012-04-05 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1188528)
I've had mine since November. I'll check it out.

try viewing on a pure white background, screen burn mainly affects people who leave their phone brightness on max nd the screen on for a long period of time, (most amoled screens of people who leave their screen on max plus always on, suffer from this) you have to look for it to see it, beware. Once you see it, it's hard to un-see. My phone does not have depleted pixels, but I saw it on the lumia 800 at CPW

Ashbeck 2012-04-05 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcastrog (Post 1188232)
We all know that the n9 screen is sensitive to screenburns because of the type of led it uses. I want to request an script that makes the notification bar (batery, hour, operator) to hide when using the phone in prolongated times. And then re appear at request, when tapping.

this is neatly implemented in wp7 and it works nicely. I dont to see my battery indicator forever on ny screen and what is worse is that i have already seen people with this issue. So why not avoid it??

remember that the n9 is one of its type, and maybe the last maemo/meego flagship we will ever see and we all want to keep it fit for a long time.

so who says 'me'??

+1 this is one of the best thing windows added to the windows phone Os. Even before windows phone I longed for this feature... Am with you 100%

dcastrog 2012-04-06 16:30

Any one?? We would like to see this :)

dcastrog 2012-04-06 16:42

Btw, this would be an excellent addition to n9tweak app, does anyone know how to contact developer??