maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nemo Mobile (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   NEMO MOBILE, why such a little interest from sailors? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96188)

locusf 2015-11-21 16:45

Re: NEMO MOBILE, why such a little interest from sailors?

https://twitter.com/locusf/status/539010957935390720

itdoesntmatt 2015-11-21 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusf (Post 1489062)
I've been helped before by Sailors of Jolla. Its possible that I'd get help at some point, but its probably not likely at this stage.

well i dont refer only to jolla employeers (that have done so much, loving you guys) but also other developers on the scene. there were some of them who take off the boat just for sailfish being not opensource,so here it can be built an alternative and maybe they would be glad to join

locusf 2015-11-21 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt (Post 1489065)
well i dont refer only to jolla employeers (that have done so much, loving you guys) but also other developers on the scene. there were some of them who take off the boat just for sailfish being not opensource,so here it can be built an alternative and maybe they would be glad to join

We shall see, but unless word gets out more, its not likely that I'll be getting help (+ the code of the homescreen needs love). Mer is eg. funded by lbt and Stskeeps alone, so our core of our implementation is hanging on two guys frantically trying to keep things together.

Lets first help Mer survive, then lets focus on UI.

Android_808 2015-11-21 16:53

The one thing that has annoyed me with Nemo/Mer in recent weeks is the switch in git host. Where I was using the github repos as a basis for everything in my GTK3 Hildon work, they now just tell you repo has moved.

As a beginner to git, this is a real PITA now having forks that need local fixes to pull in upstream changes for all projects I had already forked. The github links will also be invalid for tracing upstream information.

szopin 2015-11-21 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusf (Post 1489066)
We shall see, but unless word gets out more, its not likely that I'll be getting help (+ the code of the homescreen needs love). Mer is eg. funded by lbt and Stskeeps alone, so our core of our implementation is hanging on two guys frantically trying to keep things together.

Lets first help Mer survive, then lets focus on UI.

Is there a paypal donation account, or bitcoin, or?

locusf 2015-11-21 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1489068)
Is there a paypal donation account, or bitcoin, or?

Don't know yet, follow this thread as I've pinged both lbt and Stskeeps :)

szopin 2015-11-21 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Android_808 (Post 1489067)
The one thing that has annoyed me with Nemo/Mer in recent weeks is the switch in git host. Where I was using the github repos as a basis for everything in my GTK3 Hildon work, they now just tell you repo has moved.

As a beginner to git, this is a real PITA now having forks that need local fixes to pull in upstream changes for all projects I had already forked. The github links will also be invalid for tracing upstream information.

They moved to non-git infra? (lots of options like gitlab etc, github's been going in a strange direction so not unexpected)

itdoesntmatt 2015-11-21 17:02

so i guess we can make donations to them..and a big thanks
now , lets make this thread useful. while we are waiting for two guys to reply, i invite if someone knows someone who took off the boat for that matters to inform them of this possibility. and sure, i have to invited users that have been complaining about jolla not opensourcing their great creature to join in this aim. if they are able to code, they would be happy to contribute, if they arent they would be happy to share at least some donation...coding require efforts and time, working to get money needs the same, so whoever want,in his way,can contribute.lets see how many we are

i expect that we will be an interesting number, at least as much as crowd of complaining people that i have heard until this moment. So come on guys!

Android_808 2015-11-21 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1489070)
They moved to non-git infra? (lots of options like gitlab etc, github's been going in a strange direction so not unexpected)

Still git, but now using gitlabs. Just need to do some more reading up/learning of git to fetch from new upstream.

MartinK 2015-11-21 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1489070)

They moved to a self-hosted GitLab instance.

I think the main issue was GitHub being blocked in China and thus preventing some people from contributing, but I might be wrong.