maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] nixieclock - because we need more clock apps (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64873)

rmerren 2010-11-01 18:24

[Announce] nixieclock - because we need more clock apps

I have posted a new app to extras-devel (in utilities) called nixieclock. It is a clock with nixietube numbers. Double-tap to enter or exit fullscreen mode.

I admit that this is the second-least useful app I have ever written, but I really needed a new testbed for the process of taking a working Qt Creator app and uploading it to the repositories. I am going to write up the process asap because it really is pretty easy and nobody else should have to do the days of research and testing I did just to get a Qt app in the repos. It really takes just 10 or 15 minutes; you are done prepping it long before they approve the Garage project...

Also, I like nixie tubes.

Screenshot will be attached here asap.

maluka 2010-11-01 19:01

Re: [Announce] nixieclock - because we need more clock apps

looking nice :)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2w6b8ci.png

mikec 2010-11-01 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmerren (Post 859981)
I have posted a new app to extras-devel (in utilities) called nixieclock. It is a clock with nixietube numbers. Double-tap to enter or exit fullscreen mode.

I admit that this is the second-least useful app I have ever written, but I really needed a new testbed for the process of taking a working Qt Creator app and uploading it to the repositories. I am going to write up the process asap because it really is pretty easy and nobody else should have to do the days of research and testing I did just to get a Qt app in the repos. It really takes just 10 or 15 minutes; you are done prepping it long before they approve the Garage project...

Also, I like nixie tubes.

Screenshot will be attached here asap.

Ah yes a howto package and upload to repos with qt creator would save a lot of reading

rmerren 2010-11-01 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikec (Post 860113)
Ah yes a howto package and upload to repos with qt creator would save a lot of reading

That's the plan! I hope to pound it out this evening (I am in Texas so it is afternoon here and I am supposed to be doing gainful employment for my day job). Then there is no excuse for more apps to come rolling into the repositories...

I'll post a link here when it is available somewhere.

fpp 2010-11-01 21:29

Wow, that's a beaut... is there an option for blue ? :-)

kamil365 2010-11-01 21:46

Would be nice to set it up as a livewallpeaper:)

rmerren 2010-11-01 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by fpp (Post 860180)
Wow, that's a beaut... is there an option for blue ? :-)

The red numbers had creative commons license on wikimedia commons. I didn't dig very hard for blue ones, but I am sure some Gimp jujitsu could make it happen. I am thinking about a calculator, so who knows....but there are a few other projects in line before that one--most especially writing up the Howto mentioned above.

kojacker 2010-11-01 22:30

Finally! The long awaited follow up to Old School!

And it's another good 'un, Mr rmerren! More power to your Qt elbow!

rmerren 2010-11-01 23:38

Ahhh...a note from my fellow traveler in useless apps. I have not graduated to Kojacker's level as my apps do not require any finger pulling!

Seriously, though, I promise some more useful stuff...the was really just an exercise in shaking out the packaging process.

mikecomputing 2010-11-01 23:52

what I need most is a cool desktop widgetclock/applet but not sure it is possible to write qt hildondesktop apps. But maybe U can try :hint hint :D