maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What is the future for the n900 from now? meego or no updates or nothing? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59716)

abill_uk 2010-08-04 02:57

What is the future for the n900 from now? meego or no updates or nothing?

Ok we now know all it's faults and it's capabilities that are being exploited solely by this community so where does NOKIA fit into all this now?.

No talk of any updates of whatever now from its maker so where do we stand? does anyone have any news? :(

jacktanner 2010-08-04 03:06

Re: What is the future for the n900 from now? meego or no updates or nothing?

You're trolling. There will almost certainly be a PR1.3, and there will be a community supported upgrade to MeeGo. Is that not enough? This device has a long future ahead.

ysss 2010-08-04 03:16

Here we go again...

http://www.myviewsandreviews.com/wp-...10-Results.jpg

jd4200 2010-08-04 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacktanner (Post 774957)
You're trolling. There will almost certainly be a PR1.3, and there will be a community supported upgrade to MeeGo. Is that not enough? This device has a long future ahead.

How is he trolling?
He's p*ssed and has the right to be, understand that.

'Almost certainly' is not good enough, nor is community supported, though this is a great community, they shouldn't be doing Nokia's work for them.
On top of that, developers from this community are leaving, slowly, but still.
read the whole thread in that link

HellFlyer 2010-08-04 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd4200 (Post 774967)
How is he trolling?
He's p*ssed and has the right to be, understand that.

'Almost certainly' is not good enough, nor is community supported, though this is a great community, they shouldn't be doing Nokia's work for them.
On top of that, developers from this community are leaving, slowly, but still.

He is trolling , just read his previous posts , he complains and whines most of the time :D

Oh and if a developer decides to release a closed source app that doesnt mean he is quitting. I'm sure he had his reasons

harp 2010-08-04 03:42

Nokia abandoned the Maemo platform after the Meego announcement. No company in their right mind would invest more resources into a platform with no future. Anything coming our way will definitely be a community effort.

somedude 2010-08-04 03:43

I dont know about yours but my n900 future is looking very bright with nitdroid team and multiboot team and meego hardware adaptation for n900 team,

do you really wanna do this again?

jd4200 2010-08-04 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFlyer (Post 774970)

Oh and if a developer decides to release a closed source app that doesnt mean he is quitting. I'm sure he had his reasons

Go back and read the whole thread.

dchky 2010-08-04 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by harp (Post 774975)
Nokia abandoned the Maemo platform after the Meego announcement. No company in their right mind would invest more resources into a platform with no future. Anything coming our way will definitely be a community effort.

Not talking to you specifically, but I see a few posts like this every other day.

Abandonment. Prove it. Links, sources, whatever, because I'm not seeing what you see.

jd4200 2010-08-04 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchky (Post 774984)
because I'm not seeing what you see.

Not seeing Nokia is your proof.