maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   unlock keys THEN pick up call, is this possible? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42606)

besides 2010-01-29 04:26

unlock keys THEN pick up call, is this possible?

sometimes I accidentally press "reject" when I take the phone out of my pocket or case while it is ringing. Is there a way to make it require unlocking of the keys prior to picking up the call?

hellnick 2010-01-29 04:30

Re: unlock keys THEN pick up call, is this possible?

There is a Brainstorm you can vote on here

unkno 2010-01-29 08:08

What might work better, instead of unlocking the keys, is to have the proximity sensor turn off the screen when it is ringing. That way, the screen is off when it is still in your in pocket and once its out, it will automatically turn on for you to accept the call.

codeMonkey 2010-01-29 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkno (Post 500528)
What might work better, instead of unlocking the keys, is to have the proximity sensor turn off the screen when it is ringing. That way, the screen is off when it is still in your in pocket and once its out, it will automatically turn on for you to accept the call.

I've just tested this - that behaviour is already implemented. I think the problem is that keys are being pressed as the device comes out of the pocket.

erayzer 2010-01-29 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by besides (Post 500399)
sometimes I accidentally press "reject" when I take the phone out of my pocket or case while it is ringing. Is there a way to make it require unlocking of the keys prior to picking up the call?

i have too unlock manually to answer think my sensor is dead and itis a pain trust me. it also locks the screen when making a call even though nothing is close to the sensor and if i unlock the keys when iput it too my ear the sensor does not deactivate the screen thing is before the problem i never lost a call too a wrong button press while getting out of my pocket. maybe we should swap phones lol.

unkno 2010-01-29 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeMonkey (Post 500563)
I've just tested this - that behaviour is already implemented. I think the problem is that keys are being pressed as the device comes out of the pocket.

Hmm...in that case, a quick solution will be to place the side with proximity sensor into the pocket first. That way, the proximity sensor will still be covered while the phone is coming out of the pocket.

codeMonkey 2010-01-29 10:34

Yeah, I think I do that automatically so I've not had this problem :)

fnordianslip 2010-02-05 09:20

I have my N900 in a noreve case, and I seem to always reject the call when taking it out of my pocket. It seems that slight pressure on the screen side of the case triggers the reject softkey.

Very annoying. There should be an option to require the lock switch to be flicked to enable the touchscreen when it is ringing., IMO.